2000pts New Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts New Marines

Right, I've put this together as a 2000pt marine force, basically including everything that I thought was pretty cool. It's a bit of a mish-mash but I really want to have razorbacks and drop pods. Are there any glaringly obvious mistakes I've made?

The choice of Vulkan is because I love burny/melty-weapons, I'm sure many feel similarly! He'll go in a razorback with a combat squad probably.

HQ: Vulkan He'stan - an undisclosed number of points that fits within the list.

Elites: Terminator Assault Squad, 5 man, 200pts

Elites: Sternguard Veterans, 7, Sergeant has power fist, 2 meltaguns 210pts
    Drop pod, locator beacon 45pts

Elites: Dreadnaught, Drop pod, 140pts

Troops: Tactical Squad, 10 Marines, flamer, Multi-melta, Sergeant with power fist and combi-melta, Razorback, 245pts

Troops: Tactical Squad, 10 Marines, flamer, Multi-melta, Sergeant with power fist and combi-melta, Razorback, 245pts

Troops: Scout Squad, 5, Telion, Missile Launcher, Camo-Cloaks, 150pts

Troops: Scout Squad, 5, Shotguns, Sergeant has combi-melta, Power fist.110pts

Fast Attack: 2 Attack Bikes, Multi-meltas 100pts

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Storm, Multi-melta, 65pts

Fast Attack: Scout Bikers, 3, Locator Beacon, cluster mines 105pts

Heavy Support: Whirlwind, hunter killer missile (just a points filler, emergency weapon) 95pts

Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon, another undisclosed number of points. but it fits!

Any suggestions?

If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I like your list a lot, it has a bit of everything and will be able to deal with pretty much anything that is thrown at it.

I am not convinced that razorbacks are the best choice for 10 man squads. Sometimes having a rhino to protect you as you move in is a nice option, but I can see what your doing with it.

I'd be tempted to include a locator on one of the tactical squads, the bikers are a touch fragile and may die before you get to use it.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realise that the rhino might well be a better choice for mobility but a few things make me keen to take the razorback:

1) 5pts extra for a twin-linked heavy bolter? Yes please.

2) I'm fed up using rhinos all the time, my CSM never leave home without at least 3, usually 4 and with a different army, I'm sure a different list wouldn't hurt. Sure they're great at annoying the opponent, moving that 12" and popping smoke, but the amount of times they've survived until later in the game, been in a good position and had nothing but a cursed combi-bolter left really gets to me!

3) As loyalists can't take 2 special weapons, I figured that 5 men with a heavy left behind in some cover somewhere would be more useful than driving a heavy up somewhere and letting them jump out to commence being useless for a turn infront of the enemy.

If I had room for a command squad/honour guard I'd take a spare rhino and put one heavy-armed combat squad in there and have the original owners bike/jump pack about. Perhaps for larger games.
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um why do people keep putting 10 marines into Razorbacks its illegal THey have a 6 man transport capacity.
    Hmmm Deathwing...or...Grimmnar's Wolf Guard Termies...I think I'll be depressed rather then Barbaric. Deathwing!
    Dark Angels 2/0/1

Australia, but doing an exchange in Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

nirk42792, you are completely correct. but i think what Age intends to do is combat squad his marines. so the assaulty half (sergeant, flamer/melta and three average marines) can roll forward with an extra heavy weapon. whilst the other part stays back and pretends to be a devastator squad.

luke

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I like the list, however I'd think about taking out telion, perhaps adding another tactical squad and powering down the tac squads you have (the sergeant)

Hex
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

+ Reply to Thread