Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
1x Lord Commander Solar Macharius-180
High Command Squad
1x High Commander w/ power weapon, carapace armor-60
1x Commissar w/ power weapon-35
1x Storm trooper Sergeant-15
9x storm troopers-90
1x Junior officer w/ power weapon, carapace armor-30
Heavy Weapons Platoon
2x guardsmen w/sniper rifles-22
2x guardsmen w/autocannon-27
2x guardsmen w/lascannon-37
1x Leman Russ-120
1x Siege artillery w/earthshaker cannon, Inderect Fire-135
Total-948 or 1010
Another option for the HQ is a Inquisitor lord, but Im not too sure about that yet. I might also get rid of the Russ, get another basilisk and add a bit to the heavy weapons.
This is my first attempt at a list, so my numbers might be a bit off. This will be used in friendly games only against marines and other guard. Weve agreed that we can go over by ten points.
Any advice is appreciated. Be as harsh as possible.
Last edited by Malacoda; October 4th, 2008 at 03:40.
No I dont, one of my friends do though. I read through his and memorized the point costs. That might be where Ive gone wrong.
1. The lord Solar isn't in the current codex but in the old codex the army had to be 2000 points or more. So I dont think he can be in here am afraid. Points cost is off as well
2. High command is also not in the codex and needs to be taken inaddition to the main HQ of the guard army and not as a replacement. If you mean A main HQ command then you are short a guardsman, I would also suggest a banner. Also points are off again.
3. Sergeant cost is off, also this unit has no special weapons making them ineffective and useless so drop the squad size and et some special wepaons in there.
4. platoon command is useless due to a lack of weapons carapace is not needed and the powersword isnt really either points cost is also off.
5. None of these squads have weapons and again are useless, also teh points are off unless the sergeants are veterans which IMO isnt needed. You also only have a single trops choice you need a second to make the list legal.
6. The heavy weapons platoon is completely wrong. you have three teams not squads listed. the sniper rifles are also not an option a heavy weapons platoon also needs a command. at this level heavy weapons squads should be attatched to the main HQ. as these men are meaningless I'm not quite sure about the costs, none of the weapons can be mixed either. il equate it to a standard lascannon squad in the main command platoon.
7. The russes points are way off.
8. I assume you mean a bassie for your last entry again points are off.
A rough total would be 941 points getting the points right, that doesnt even make the list legal as you still need a second troops choice. if you want to start guard borrow the codex properly or buy it. Even those of us who have played guard for years still need to look up points costs for some stuff.
Back to the drawing board methinks
Hope that helps