1500 Mech Pedro - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Mech Pedro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1500 Mech Pedro

Man I love this Codex. It's go so much potential it's really difficult to hammer down one list.

Here's one of ==My== favorite ideas so far: Pedro and a mechanized army. Sternguard in Razors blowing things away with Tacticals and Predators in tow.

HQ
    Pedro Kantor
    Elites
    Sternguard-6, 3 combi-meltas, Razorback
    Sternguard-6, 2 combi-meltas, Razorback
    Sternguard-5, 2 combi-meltas, Razorback
    Troops
    Tactical Squad-10, lascannon, flamer, powerfist, Razorback
    Tactical Squad-10, lascannon, flamer, powerfist, Razorback
    Heavy Support
    Predator-autocannon, heavy bolters

Total-1500
    Models-46

It's an in your face type list with emphasis on firepower over combat. Lascannons and meltas go after scary tanks while autocannons rip up lighter vehicles. With 5 Razors and 3 Preds I think that's plenty of armor and a good amount of scoring units and firepower.

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only issue i have with this list is all of those small units will get whiped out by any close combat oriented enemy unit in one round if they get the charge.

that in mind, id drop the flamers off of your combat squads as if you are that close to the enemy youll probably be getting wiped out. Make room for a melta gun in each of thsoe squads by dropping combi melta from 2 of your stern squads. that way you have the same melta potential and your tactical squads will now have (close)ranged anti tank. It just seems like more encouragement to stand and shoot your tact squads than to move up and flamer the enemy that will kill you next turn.

besides that, with so many multi-shot weapons on those vehicles you shouldnt have a problem softening enemies up (so you dont need flamers). Just be careful with those small units.

Looks kind of like my list, lol, please check mine out too :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this list will have trouble with horde armies. 6 heavy bolters and 3 autocannons isn't enough to put a serious dent in a 100+ ork horde or tyranid horde list. Drop 2 preds for 2 vindicators or whirlwinds maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are razorbacks in the list too though, meaning 11 heavy bolters and 3 autocannon. but adding a whirlwind seems like a solid idea though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Thanks for the input guys.

I think with all those rapid-firing bolters and flamers I could handle hordes. Most squads aren't meant for combat, but I think Pedro could hold his own for a bit. Do you think I should swap him out for someone else so I can keep using combat tactics?

I could swap a Predator out for a Whirly, pie plates are always fun.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to run 3 sternguard units and only 2 tact squads, i think pedro kantor is a must lol

+ Reply to Thread