Pure 1500 fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure 1500 fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Pure 1500 fun

Was building and IG + GK list but with IG getting an overhaul soon i didnt want to waste my time putting together a 2k list for it to be useless. On to GK who wont be changing any time soon.

Brother Captain, Psy cannon, - 91

Justicar, Master crafted - 290
    9 x GK,
    Justicar, Master crafted - 290
    9 x GK,
    Justicar - 325
    9 x GK, 2 x Psy cannons

Land Raider, Smoke launchers - 253
    Dread, assault cannon, Smoke launchers, Extra armour - 118

Total - 1485

Basic strategy is for the dreads, land raider and 2 PAGK squads to belt it forward and overload one part of the battle line. Brother captain hangs back with the other Grey knight squad to provide support.
    Was thinking of squeezing in a bare bones =][= with 2 mystics to allow the BC + GK to fire on any deep strikers.
    Any thoughts?

PL

I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

No takers? Aww!
    Good job i needed to tweek it slightly. Please any thoughts people!?

Brother Captain, Psy cannon, Psychic Hood - 111

Justicar, Master crafted, Frag Grenades - 291
    9 x GK,
    9 x GK,
    Justicar - 325
    9 x GK, 2 x Psy cannons

Dread, assault cannon, Smoke launchers - 113

Total - 1497

Perhaps as filler targeters on the justicars? Other than that its the same idea as before, 20 PAGKs, 2 Dreads and the LR storm one section of the battle feild and hopefuly roll through the rest with fire support form the other GK squad and BC. Against oks and nids and the like i just sit back and let 60 storm bolter shots do the work and mop up the rest. The LR of course needs a giant bullseye painted on it but it will take the heat off my Dreads and PAGKs.
    Thoughts?

PL

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I like the first list waaaaay better. It is quite good really! With the new rules I can't fault anyone for taking a Landraider anymore at 1500pts. At 1750 my new list has two!

The only psykic power worth taking IMO is Hammerhand. Cheap and it can be lovely when having to come up against a Dread or other armour.

Keep your landraider shooting all guns at Tank targets right from the bigging. Don't lose one Lascannon shot, as your list doesn't have much other AT.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother Captain, Psy cannon, Psychic Hood - 111

9 x GK,
    9 x GK,
    Justicar - 325
    9 x GK, 2 x Psy cannons

----
    Land Raider
    Searchlights - First turn like Diggums said fire away. Theres 1/3 chance of night fight.
    Extra Armour - You want your infantry support moving as one, that way they'll be in the right position to fist anyone. Also consider Extra armour on your LR to be able to perform a Assault tank role better.
    Gk's (pyscannon squad) - You should make them go inside the LR and give them Incinerators.

Also personally I would add all extra armour, swap for incinerators, drop master crafted, drop a single grey knight and swap brother captain for GM - Stormshield (ask for 3+invulnerable), Holocaust, Bionics
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Thanks for the suggestions peeps.
    @ image, yhea i wanted a GM but was worried that i was over loading in the list, LR or GM not both but i can see he would help this list loads so in he goes. Having said that the BC is nearly as much now so meh. Unfortunately my local hobby stores players are strictly RAW (many a long night had arguing over rules) and as much as i'd love a cheap 3++ save i aint gonna get it. A bare bones GM shielded by the PAGK should improve the squads life expectancy. Also im likening the Incinerator idea. I suppose GKs are to be shoved done an enemy's throat, not to sit back and shoot eh.
    @ Diggums, Hmm never thought of that, 4 st8 attacks against a dread striking first and hitting on 3+... :drools: Go on i dare you to charge me!! lol
    Check it out.

Grand Master, Hammerhand - 155

Justicar, Frag Grenades, Targeter - 277
    9 x GK,
    Justicar, Frag Grenades, Targeter - 277
    9 x GK,
    Justicar - 295
    9 x GK, 2 x Incinerators

Land Raider, Smoke launchers, Search lights, Extra armour - 259

Total - 1499
    0_o how much closer do you want it!!

Only tactic to change is the GM and the Incinerator squad roll up in the LR and jump out at the first chance they get to mug someone. Thats 6" a turn with both las cannons or a 12"move + 2" disembark + 6" charge with one las still firing. A 20" charge should they need it, sweet. Hopefully then the LR will only weather one round of shooting before its cargo gets buzy, i can live with that.
    Any last words people of LO or should i get painting?

-EDIT-
    BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER! Sigh just seen LR can have 10 PAGK so that would have to be 8 PAGK in the incinerator squad to make room for the GM. Grr. 50pts to go where now hmm? How bout bionics, icon of the just and master crafted on the GM? Or a couple of psy cannons on one PAGK squad? 50pts exact.

PL
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; October 16th, 2008 at 01:23.

+ Reply to Thread