750 pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 750 pt list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

750 pt list

Doctrines: Close Order Drill, Sharpshooters, Drop Troops

HQ

JO w/Power Weapon, Bolter, Carapace Armour, Honorifica Imperialis

75 pts

Troops 1 +Sharpshooters

HQ
    JO
    40 pts

1 squad
    Veteran Sergeant +Storm Bolter
    missile
    grenade launcher
    104 pts

1 squad
    missile
    grenade launcher
    104 pts

1 squad

missile
    grenade launcher
    104 pts

1 squad
    missile
    grenade launcher
    104 pts

Troops 2 +Sharpshooters

HQ
    JO
    40 pts

1 squad

grenade launcher
    89 pts

1 squad
    grenade launcher
    89 pts

749 Total Points

Last edited by Marrius; October 23rd, 2008 at 22:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Righty,

HQ,
    Drop the sharpshooters its not needed if you want to spend the points in here then grab a mortar or a plasma.

Troops:

Im assuming you are dropping the second platoon?
    Well as far as the troops go sharpshooters on the 1st platoon seems ok but the command squads are useless. The second platoon wont have much punch at all. I suggest you drop the fourth squad of the first platoon, with the points get strombolters for the second platoon vet sarges, then kit out the commands to drop in (and get rid of their sharpshooters unless you give them meltas or grenade launchers its really a waste of points)

The idea behind the list seems sound enough but you do need to sacrifice that squad otherwise you have 10 useless men and 20 not very effective ones! As you have drop troops go for drop commands as well with the main command staying back to help with the leadership for the 1st platoon.

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Troops:

Im assuming you are dropping the second platoon?

The idea behind the list seems sound enough but you do need to sacrifice that squad otherwise you have 10 useless men and 20 not very effective ones! As you have drop troops go for drop commands as well with the main command staying back to help with the leadership for the 1st platoon.

Hope that helps

A
    Edited list above

Thanks for the help. Im keeping the first troop choice the way it is. Cause with close order drill and a veteran sergeant the LD is 9. I know the platoon command squads are useless I usually have used them to buy time and to fill up gaps in the lines. The second Troop Choice I can understand why you say its useless but I made sure it didnt have any heavy weapons because I want to make sure it is mobile and when deep strike I can get as many shots off as possible before they can counter. I added a vox system into the second Troop Choice and added a master vox to the HQ just to make sure they do not flee so easily.

Do you think I should take a squad of grenadiers and remove the second platoon so I can buff up my first platoons HQ? Or should I keep the list the way it is at the moment?
    Last edited by Marrius; October 21st, 2008 at 23:58.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

vox isnt needed that badly as they are LD 9 already and the iron discipline wont work down the vox, I'd use those points for stormbolters on the sarges in those squads that way you get two special weapons and more firepower on the move (I agree drop troops work better with no heavy weapons)

If you drop the mastervox then get a couple of flamers in those squads, at the moment they arent very speed bump like, at least with flamers they will warm the enemy up a little, they may even kill the less tough troops!

With the vox network changed into some special weapons you will have a very tasty list.

Good luck!

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Why dont I give them regular bolters instead of storm bolters?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Regular bolters while cheaper arent an assault weapon, after they have dropped the range will be shorter and on subsequent turns if you decide to fire you will lose the chance to assault and also you will lose range. Its worth the extra points IMO.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Regular bolters while cheaper arent an assault weapon, after they have dropped the range will be shorter and on subsequent turns if you decide to fire you will lose the chance to assault and also you will lose range. Its worth the extra points IMO.

A
    Good point. I Just used the new list above in a Dawn of War Capture and Control and I tied. I was going against a IG army that had a Leman Russ, Hellhound, platoon of four, an armoured fist squad, and a JO. The tanks gave me trouble but I was able to keep them from firing for the most part. I took out the chimera and the entire platoon. At the end of the game I only lost my platoon HQs and about two squads(two of my squads were down to five men). I was able to take them down mostly because I shot first. Thank god for the deep strike though cause if I didnt I wouldnt have tied. The only thing I saw to be a problem now was the heavy weapons in the platoons.

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

drop carapace on hq.

remove sharpshooters, the only time that docterine is worth it is with heavy weapon support squads

drop the stormbolters on the first platoon(they are not moving, they dont need it

second platoon should have more men, 1 or 2 more squads

drop a squad from first platoon for a heavy weapon support squad with either autocannons, heavy bolters, or missile launchers(you can give this squad sharpshooters if you want, it may be worth it)

maybe put in a small 20 man conscript platoon to have more numbers

1st platoon should drop all veterans, they are not close range men

give your officer platoons at least 2 special weapons each(i suggest grenade launchers to give the squads leadership while chucking grenades in front of them, and for your main hq flamers to burn and then charge the enemy)

actually drop all the stormbolters, they are not worth the points

swap the junior officer's bolter for a bolt pistol, for the extra attack.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka View Post
    drop carapace on hq.

remove sharpshooters, the only time that docterine is worth it is with heavy weapon support squads

drop the stormbolters on the first platoon(they are not moving, they dont need it

second platoon should have more men, 1 or 2 more squads

drop a squad from first platoon for a heavy weapon support squad with either autocannons, heavy bolters, or missile launchers(you can give this squad sharpshooters if you want, it may be worth it)

maybe put in a small 20 man conscript platoon to have more numbers

1st platoon should drop all veterans, they are not close range men

give your officer platoons at least 2 special weapons each(i suggest grenade launchers to give the squads leadership while chucking grenades in front of them, and for your main hq flamers to burn and then charge the enemy)

actually drop all the stormbolters, they are not worth the points

swap the junior officer's bolter for a bolt pistol, for the extra attack.
    You pretty much contradicted everything Commisarlestat said

Sharpshooters are very useful so Im not removing that.

The carapace armour saved my hq's life for the entire game

I did move my first platoon around a bit just to get into better positions and just to have and extra two anti guardsmen shot is very nice.
    Last edited by Marrius; October 24th, 2008 at 16:01.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'd say drop the sergeants, and sharpshooters as all of your guard infantry have to have it or none can. Give the platoon command squads some special weapons all the line squads should have heavy weapons, leave the deepstriking to the guys with 2+ special weapons. I like your body count though, one man for every 10 points, at least you've got that going for you.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast