1500 points copetitive tournament list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points copetitive tournament list.

Im taking part in a local club tournament inn about 2 weeks and i wanted to see what peoples thoughts on an army list that i had for the game any thouhgs and or ideas/criticisms about the list would be well apreciated:
    HQ:
    Captain Sicarius. 200pts

Troops:
    10 Tactical marines, meltagun, Multimelta and sgt with bolt pistol and ccw. 190pts
    10 Tactical marines, plasma gun, lascannon and sgt with bolt pistol and ccw. 190pts
    10 Scouts, 5 shotguns, 5 bolt pistol and ccw. 140pts
    8 Scouts, 6 sniper rifles, missile launcher, sgt telion all with camo cloaks. 195pts

Elites:
    10 Sternguard, 2 combi meltas, powerfist. 285pts

Fast Attack:
    Scout bike squad, 3 astartes grenade launchers. 100pts

Heavy Support:
    Thunderfire cannon. 100pts
    Vindicator. 115pts

The tactics i was planning to use were that sicarius would give the tactical squad with the multimelta and the meltagun the ability to infiltrate and therefore set up their weapons were they would be the most use, this squad will also split into combat squads, the other tactical squad will also split into combat squad and use the lascannon to snipe tanks and maybe other tough units such as daemon princes etc, the scouts would be used as an assault element (shotguns and bp an ccw squad) and the snipers would be used to sit on my objective also i would use the techmarines ability to improve cover to make the scouts terrain piece a 2+ cover save, alogn with telion they shoudl prove to be a threat. the sternguard will be moving foreward into rapid fire range and blazing away at tough units, scout bikes will be used to mine the enemy objective of terrain piece near it these will then be used to harass the enemy flanks the thunderfire canno will deploy where it is screened and used as fire support for the army, the vindicator will also provide fire support.

any ideas are welcomed criticisms too, any and all advice would be apreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a lack of combat troops here, Maybe squeeze power weapons onto the tactical sergents or drop a scout squad for something more "assualt" orientated, even if its just to counter the enemies assualt forces. With it being a local thing do u know the kind of armies u ill be facing and the units they contain. easier to advise if u know what ur fighting.

For example my 1500 list is Crimson Fists

Pedro Kantor
    5x Assault Terms in a redeemer
    2x 5 Stern guard in razor backs (power fists and 2 combi weapons each
    10x Tactical Marines in Rhino (power fist, meltagun and multi melta
    5x Scouts with rifles
    Attack Bike with multi melta
    Pred with heavy bolters.

Vs ur list id hide the tanks to start with incase u go first. then hit the Assult terms and pedro into ur 10 man tactical infiltrated squad and with 5x 3+ invun saves and 4+ invuln and essencially 24 power fist hits id assume id kill ur whole squad and the leader in 1 round. Then using the tanks as cover i can advance up and take down ur other tactical squad , the sternguard are nice as i have them so no complaints there, but if i kill ur anti tank in 2 turns and my landraider isnt dead those fire cannons will rip u to bits and ur lack of tanks will mean u cant run as i can move 12" and Machine spirit shoot u.

Vindicator is a nice choice as means i cant clump up and means termies have to be careful

The sniper scouts also seem like a threat.

Thunderfire cannons ive not fought so not sure how good they are but vs high armour ppl they look bad for their price. although that tech marine isnt to be underestimated.

The Scout bikers and scouts who look like advanceing wouldnt be high prio targets but they dont look like they would do too much (bikes maybe on turns 3+ as rear grenade shots arnt nice.

Its not too bad though and 4 scoring units is good. And the captains exectioner style attack can be a pain to fight against especially when he goes first.

If i can be so bold as to suggest

dropping the shotgun based scouts and add 2 powerweapons to the Tactical marines leaders then maybe a dread (unless u wanna tone something else down and get a small assualt squad to counter attack with)

or buy transports to get the plasma gun ppl around and id defo get a rhino or drop pod for the sternguard, maybe the drop pod as ur scouts and infiltration means they wont be as exposed as normal troops where as footslogging in if ur on a bad terrain board u can lose a big chunk in 1 go (ie vs say eldar with reapers and starcannons on approaches u have to move ur they out range u and as u advance they gun u down but my drop pod then 20 point blank bolter death tends to wipe out squads of aspect warriors and guardians especially if u have a deathwind laucher thing as the scout bikes will help it land in the right place. (even though i dont like the drop pods model it is a handy piece of kit for u as means u can deploy a strong unit where i see fit and most ppl cant get out the way b4 u kill a unit or 2
    Last edited by Moskov Humperdink; October 22nd, 2008 at 02:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm.. as to the amries that i will be fighting, i think that there will be at least two other marine players that i know of, also theres likely to be some tau, probebly some eldar and theres a rumour that someone may be using nids, so quite a varied list of possible enemies, even though, ill probebly only end up playing three at best.= given the space of time we have to work with.

was thinking if i drop out the shotgun scouts, give the tac squad sgts power weapons in place of their ccw's, this leaves me 35 points, but if i taje out that entire squad and add the weapons it would leave me 110pts left,i dont believe in small assault units because in my experience they get chewed up too fast, so im not sure what to include for that points list.

anyone got any ideas?
    thanks in advance luke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*BUMP*

has anyone got any ideas on this?

Is there anything that i could add to the army to improve its chances?

Thanks in advance luke

+ Reply to Thread