1500 Marines for fun, competative? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Marines for fun, competative?

Hey, just drew up a list im thinking of making, for a play around. Hopefully it will prove effective in the long run too.
    The general idea was to include everything that struck me as the core of what makes a marine, a marine, and the units that marines have, that are fun.

Calgar - termy armour = 265
    There because, marines should have a badass leading the way, and he is about as badass as i could get.

Tactical squad – 10 – power weapon, Plasma cannon, flamer = 190
    Power weapon, as i dont like having identical squads. Plasma cannon, well you have to have one dont you?

Tactical squad – 10 – power fist, missile launcher, flamer = 195
    Fairly standard load out.

Rhino = 35
    Gotta have at least one rhino in a marine force! Its like the law!

Scout squad – 5 – sniper rifles = 75
    Scouts always struck me as a fun unit, and a cheap cover save crabbing point holder if need be.

Assault terminators – 5, 2 twin lightening claws, 3 thunder hammers and storm shields = 200
    New rules make storm shields awesome, Terminators are uber marines, and therefore must be included in at least some way.

Dreadnought - multi melta = 105
    Strike me as the most fantastic walker in the game, back story wise.

Drop Pod = 35
    Gotta include at least one, as marines are forever using these little tools in their stories, and for gaming sake, having a dread land near some expensive tanks is my idea of fun

Biker Squadron – 3 – 2 melta guns = 110
    A couple of tonnes of battle bike, plus an angry marine = a happy player. Strike me as an excelent close range herassment unit, and a prefered choice over assult marines, as they require more points and bodies to be effective.

Attack Bike squad – 1 – multi melta = 50
    More cheap fire power, this was going to either be an attack bike or a land speeder, i opted for the attack bike in the end for the added safety of being smaller.

Land Raider Redeemer = 240
    Marines are the best of the best, they should have the best tanks of the best, therefore i needed a land raider, i chose this one because its a little cheaper and because I needed some anti horde (and those flame cannons look really cool)

Total = 1500
    11 Kill points

So what do you guys think?

I was actually surprised just how many different units i managed to fit into the army having taken a third of it with calgar and the land raider, but it still feels fairly balanced - 1 hq, 3 troops, 2 elites, 2 fast attack, 1 heavy support, 2 transports.

Can it hold its own? Does it need more troops (yes i know, but they are so dull)?

And what should i add to reach the magical 2k if i need to?

Last edited by confused_gordy; October 23rd, 2008 at 20:47.

+ Reply to Thread