Sternvastators vs. Triple Vindi list war - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sternvastators vs. Triple Vindi list war

SG Devastator list:

HQ

Pedro Kantor 175pts

Scoring

10 Sternguard, 3 Combi-Flamers, 2 Lascannons, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 335pts

10 Sternguard, Power weapon, 2 Combi-Meltas, 3 Combi-Plasmas, 2 Lascannons, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 360pts

10 Sternguard, Powerfist, 2 Combi-Meltas, 3 Combi-Plasmas, 2 Lascannons, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 370pts

5 Tactical Marines, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 130pts

5 Tactical Marines, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 130pts

1500 Points

The idea is to combat squad the sternguard, with 2 lascannons hanging back on an objective and the combi weapons riding in the razorbacks.

Or this list:

HQ

Pedro Kantor 175pts

Scoring

5 Sternguard, 4 Combi-Flamers, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 185pts

6 Sternguard, 2 Combi-Meltas, 4 Combi-Plasmas, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 220pts

6 Sternguard, Powerfist, 2 Combi-Meltas, 4 Combi-Plasmas, Razorback Transport w/ TL HB - 245pts

5 Tactical Marines, Razorback Transport w/ TL Lascannon - 165pts

5 Tactical Marines, Razorback Transport w/ TL Lascannon - 165pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator 115pts

Vindicator 115pts

Vindicator 115pts

1500 Points

The idea of this list is, well....hammer away!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the first list, although I'd prefer the two tac squads combine up to 10 man so you can get the weapons upgrades and just stick em in a rhino with 2 storm bolters - that's almost as good as the TL heavy bolters.

Also, that's a LOT of combi-weapons. More options is good, but I'm just not sold on em. Then again, I haven't seen them in action enough to know - they certainly are a cheap way to still use Stern ammo but have options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriudin View Post
    I like the first list, although I'd prefer the two tac squads combine up to 10 man so you can get the weapons upgrades and just stick em in a rhino with 2 storm bolters - that's almost as good as the TL heavy bolters.

Also, that's a LOT of combi-weapons. More options is good, but I'm just not sold on em. Then again, I haven't seen them in action enough to know - they certainly are a cheap way to still use Stern ammo but have options.
    Combi weapons are so great and for 5 points each it's hard not to take a lot of them. The reason why tac squads are at 5 men is because you need 2 troops -_-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a Queso de Pedro list. Hard call between the 2.

I think the first list wins out on number of scoring bodies. I love the concept of 3 vindicators supported by all those dirty sternguard, but I feel like I am looking at a 1750 list that has been gutted to a different wieght class. I feel that way alot lately with the new dex.

What deployement plans do you have? How do you think you will fair versus highly mobile lists that dont rely on vehicles, bike heavy lists mostly? Horde opponnets should have some interesteing games with you. I think new orks wont be able to overwhelm you if you castle up or play with similar tactics.

I think, considering your weapon load outs on those stern guard you may consider freeing up 100 points and taking a libby for deepstrike shenanigans. Gating a large unit like that has some serious potential to provide you some late game objective grabbing and a much needed dose of mobility.

best of luck!

+ Reply to Thread