1200-Ghost Troopers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1200-Ghost Troopers

Experimental Army I am working on...
    Docs- Camo-cloaks, Drop Troops, Close Order Drill,

HQ
    Command Squad-205
    Senior Officer, Storm Bolter, Power Weapon
    2x Meltagun
    Sentinel Support Squad, two Lascannons

Elites-
    Inquisitor-50
    (Witch Hunter) Power Weapon, Storm Bolter, Word of the Emperor

Troops
    1st Platoon-270
    Command- Heavy Bolter
    Squad 1- Missile Launcher, Plasma, Veteran Sarg w/ Bolter, Krak, Frag
    Squad 2- Missile Launcher, Plasma, Veteran Sarg w/ Bolter, Krak, Frag

2nd Platoon-270
    Command- Heavy Bolter
    Squad 1- Missile Launcher, Plasma, Veteran Sarg w/ Bolter, Krak, Frag
    Squad 2- Missile Launcher, Plasma, Veteran Sarg w/ Bolter, Krak, Frag

Heavy Support

Basilisk 125
    Indirect

Basilisk 125
    Indirect

Demolisher 155
    Hull Heavy Bolter

How can I get camo-cloaks and carapace armor to work with my army. I've tried it, but in small points games my guys just can't kill anything, only my Tanks do da' killin'! What is the best way to model carapace on my senior officer if I give him some?

HE WAS JUST A BOY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

NEVER.......NEVER take carapace and camoline, it just doesnt work, your men end up costing way too much

dont take veteran sergents they cost too much, marines can do it because they are durable, keep everything as cheap as humanly possible

you dont need to max on plasma, everyone says its the best special weapon, but personally grenade launchers and flamers are better, plasma spamming is not effective unless you face a lot of terminators, and your demolisher can deal with that.

since you run stationary infantry i suggest swapping 2-3 of those plasma guns to grenade launchers, so you spit out 2 small blasts and 16 lasgun shots when in rapid fire range, only use krak grenades against vehicles or toughness 5 or more units, grenade launchers do more damage with frag considering you can usually cover 5 people if it doesnt scatter

swap your officers storm bolter for either a bolt pistol or a plasma pistol, it looks like his squad is meant to kill tanks and hurt the opponent before charging to finish up survivors, its a close range squad, but this is one of the only times ill really suggest a plasma pistol, because 3 ap2 or less guns shooting and then a charge with a power weapon is fairly fearsome, make sure the other 2 men are armed with ccw or vets with shotguns, so you can assault after your shooting

and heres a nasty trick you can do for your junior officer, with points left over from dropping veteran sergents, take horifica imperialis on your junior, and then match it with close order drill to make him initiative 5, going before most space marines, which is a nasty suprise for your opponent when he charges in lol, or rather when you charge him XD

here is a suggestion for your junior officer, but it works really well for me

Junior Officer(horifica imperialis, bolt pistol, power weapon)-xpts
    2x guardsmen with flamers-xpts
    2x guardsmen with ccw-
    total comes to 83 pts and belive me they do a lot more damage, between the 2 flamers and the initiative 5 officer.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Right a few points with this list.

1. why the inquisitor? unless there is fluff for this not sure if it really fits.
    2. the grenades on the line squads are pointless,
    a) when are they going to be doing assaulting?
    b) when will the krak be better than a plas missile combo for tank killing?
    unecessary so they need to go.
    3. carapace and camo is difficult and expensive to use. Firstly you need to play the list like a grenadier list with lots of special weapons and elite squads, that way you save on the line squads (grenadiers is an easy option and fluffy too)
    4. split the sentinels into two fast attack choices they are far too vulnerable together.
    5. the command squad is a little odd, drop the strombolter in favour of a plasma pistol it'll fit far better also as its a suicide squad setup perhaps dropping the SO down to a Jo may help.
    6. again the demo doesnt really fit too well, a normal russ may do and could get the extra two hb's for that price.

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Both Comissar and Dakka make great points. Cameoline and Carapace SOUND great together, but it's too much, and gets to be too expensive.

if you want a force that's ghost-like, I'd go with Just Cameoline. or maybe try Light infantry for the 'where the heck did those guys come from, and why are they all in good firing positions?'

You really will want to keep yor numbers up no matter how you go about it. More guys=more guns=more saves you make your oponnent take. More saves=more dead=more wins.

again, i'd drop the Storm Bolters on the officers.

I also recommend that unless you REALLY need to have Word of the Emperor (I feel like a bad WH player, I don't remember what it DOES), take a DH elite Inq. with a Psycannon. same cost with mush more shooty abilities. plus, he can take down pesky Inv. save things, like tombspyders, and Turbo-boosted jetbikes. plus, who couldn't use Str6 shots from an IC?

If you could, also try plas cannon sponsons on the Demolisher, unless you plan on using it for a bum rush, then shoot. Plas cannons give it the tactical option to be a Longer range tank as well, and still kill 2+ saves.

Drop Grenades. you shouldn't use 'em.
    Get Grenade launchers in line squads, they make up for poor BS, and work well with missile launchers.

I use Vet Sarges in my Light Infantry Brigade for fluff reasons, so I can't fault it. But I also load up on Lascannon/plasma Vet squads. for more Deathworld survivor army feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you seem to have a problem with infantry performance consider swapping the camoline doctrine for Sharpshooters in at least one standard game and see how it does.

I've esperimented with using the carapace, sharpshooter and camoline doctrines independantly and have determined that while stacking the doctrines is good for small point games it typically is the inverse for larger games where more infantry specific IG players will simply want more and cheaper 'mass' forces for all intents and purposes.

I prefer the sharpshooter doctrine over most others, I've found camoline to have it's nice uses in a shooting game however who really wants to get into a firefight with guard (except of course other guard)? And since it dosent help me in the eventual objective holding assaults I've ditched it. Carapace wargear is nice for officers, however it's simply not cost effective for mass line squads, I find the 4 ST's as troop choices offered via the grenediers doctrine as vastly superior even if overall more expensive, since I get an enhanced BS as well.

I'd say simply toss aside camoline for a game and try sharpshooter instead, the cost is the same however it can only be applied to BS3 troop choices, however I'm sure that you'll find re-rolling any 1's on to hit rolls to be usefull when you are throwing some 20 rapid fire dice.

+ Reply to Thread