2000pt Tourny list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

2000pt Tourny list.

So I've got my first "real" tournament coming up in a couple weeks. I made up this list tonight, and I played it in a couple of games and I like how versatile it was, and how well it worked out (won both games).

Chapter Master
    - Power Weapon

Chaplain
    - Jump Pack

Dreadnought
    -Lascannon/Missile Launcher

Terminator Squad
    -Cyclone Missile Launcher

Tactical Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    P/CC Sgt

Tactical Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    P/CC Sgt

Scout Squad x6
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Scout Squad x6
    Powerfist
    P/CC

Attack Bike Squad x2

Assualt Squad x10
    Powerfist
    Plasma Pistol x2

Predator Destructor

Whirlwind

Devestator Squad x2
    Plasma Cannon x2
    Missile Launcher x2

The only concern I really had was ability to pop AV 14, and with the usability of the Land Raider, I can bet I'll see some in a tournament. I ran against a Leman Russ in the last game, and I just couldn't bust that thing.

I don't have any Vanguard or Sternguard models yet, so don't suggest any of those, and I have no GW drop pods. I have just about any other type of model, with enough numbers to swap stuff around though if anyone has suggestions.

Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djones9916 View Post
    So I've got my first "real" tournament coming up in a couple weeks. I made up this list tonight, and I played it in a couple of games and I like how versatile it was, and how well it worked out (won both games).

Chapter Master
    - Power Weapon

Chaplain
    - Jump Pack

Dreadnought
    -Lascannon/Missile Launcher

Terminator Squad
    -Cyclone Missile Launcher

Tactical Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    P/CC Sgt

Tactical Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    P/CC Sgt

Scout Squad x6
    Sniper Rifles
    Missile Launcher

Scout Squad x6
    Powerfist
    P/CC

Attack Bike Squad x2

Assualt Squad x10
    Powerfist
    Plasma Pistol x2

Predator Destructor

Whirlwind

Devestator Squad x2
    Plasma Cannon x2
    Missile Launcher x2

The only concern I really had was ability to pop AV 14, and with the usability of the Land Raider, I can bet I'll see some in a tournament. I ran against a Leman Russ in the last game, and I just couldn't bust that thing.

I don't have any Vanguard or Sternguard models yet, so don't suggest any of those, and I have no GW drop pods. I have just about any other type of model, with enough numbers to swap stuff around though if anyone has suggestions.
    In 2k is guaranteed that you’ll face armor 14 and your inability to deal with it will cost you games. I’d consider including Multi-Meltas on your attack bikes and maybe using 1 or 2 LasCannons on your Devastator squads instead of Plasma Cannons.

The Dreadnaught is a great option but you should think that your opponent will also bring ways of handling armor in such a large game. Be careful on your deployment and try to keep the dreadnought in cover if possible to benefit for the 4+ cover save.

The rest of your list looks really solid and you should be fine out there. The only other adjustment I'd consider is removing the Whirlwind and getting a couple of Razorbacks for the tactical squads instead.

Whirlwinds have very weak armor and for reasons beyond me, they attract a lot of fire. I’d not count them for more than a single turn, if that long. Besides that, they are not really accurate. Razorbacks have the same armor but attract less attention, giving you the option to either deploy your troops inside or out of it, an extra Heavy Bolter on the field and the mobility you need on turns 3 and 4 to reach and grab a far away objective in time. They are not that high on priority and almost always last me the whole game intact, either blocking way to my troops and protecting them from assault or moving to contest an objective on the last turn.

Good luck on your games and have fun.
    Last edited by Cowboy; October 29th, 2008 at 05:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what P/CC means, and why are their 6 scouts? Those 26 points could be used on an upgrade for your captain, I like to run termies, but why don't you try a chainfist? The chapian led assault squad looks good, unless your pistols get hot (as they love to do) hmm, do you like plasma? I think melta gun tacticals work better, get close to a vehicle, shoot with your gun and if that doesnt work get close and throw some of those free kraks. Dread is good, but whirlwind could be taken out in favour of some more anti tank, say another dread with las, or upgrade your pred to an annihilator if your feeling brave.
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

+ Reply to Thread