1500 mobile SoB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 mobile SoB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 mobile SoB

Looking for more comments and critique of this list. It is load with vehicles 7 and I could even tweak to get another.

HQ
    1 Cannoness+Inferno Pistol+ccw
    5 Celestians as retinue+Immolator+heavy bolter+storm bolter
    1 priest in Dominion squad

Elite
    Nothing here I guess

Troops
    3x10 Battle Sisters+Rhino

Fast Attack
    5 Seriphim+inferno pistol x2+veteran
    5 Dominion+immolator+melta-gun+flamer x3+veteran

Heavy Support
    2x Exorcist+pintle-mounted storm bolter
    2 Penitant Engine

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should lose the penitant engines to beef up the serephim squad to 7 then lose the dominion squad and get antother battle sister squad and also get anothe exorcist. other then that it looks pretty allright.
    "The end comes to those who deserve it. Not those who ask for it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I really dont understand storm bolters on exorcists or any other tanks you have, nor I would leave your units with no melee options either. Penitent engines are weak still, although can get to the enemy if you sneak them behind your vehicles I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well some of those things I have addressed with a couple revisions in this thread

1500 Mobile sisters - Heresy-Online - Warhammer 40k Forums

Why are PEs so bad to you guys? They look nasty in a group of 2-3

melee is not what SoB are about from what I can tell, it's all about flamers and rapid fire with numbers. I am going for a heavy tank list and I really want 2x immolators and a couple of exorcists min.

If those are bad choices to you, please explain why you think so. I am open especially since I have not purchased any models...though I do have this urge to do a really mech force with lots of vehicles.

One thing I was thinking, was how are 7-9 vehicles including the PEs going to be taken out in 5-7 turns, let alone all the troops inside. I think I have a lot of hard choices for AT to think on and I can get in your face with a decent amount of speed. Score from within a rhino.
    Last edited by newsun; November 2nd, 2008 at 04:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by newsun View Post
    Looking for more comments and critique of this list. It is load with vehicles 7 and I could even tweak to get another.

HQ

Elite
    Nothing here I guess

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

2 Penitant Engine
    Well your getting the general idea but missing ALOT of upgrades.

first with the HQ squad I would personally use a rhino but if you want to use an immolator thats cool. First of all give the cannoness a cloak of st. Aspira and a blessed weapon or an eviscerator without a powerfist / power weapon she is basically useless. Throw in an eviscerator with a Veteran superior in the Celestian squad. Get rid of the storm bolter and get a melta gun. Put extra armour and smoke launchers on the immolator.

The battle sisters, same thing you have the idea but missing the upgrades. Add a Veteran (this is absolutely necessary because your army needs faith, re read the rules a few more times and you'll see what I mean) and give her a book of st. lucius. Then give your sisters 2 of the weapon options EXCEPT storm bolters, a bolter does the same job flamers are a great option. Also give the rhinos extra armour and smoke launchers.

The Seraphim give the veteran a eviscerator.

Dominion arent really that great of an option with the new scoring rules I would suggest running them with some melta guns cause the small squad size will make it hard to use divine guidance on those flamers (which is one of the reasons why immolators kind blow)

Exorcists are an amazing tank good choice except drop the storm bolter, its just a waste of points that you need to use on important upgrades.

Ah the penitent engine, you ask why this thing blows? your paying 160 points for open topped AV 11(they're in a squad so immobilized results kill them, again read the rules in the rulebook you'll see.) so basically a roll of a 3+ kills them with the penetrating hit and a roll of a 4+ on a glance kills them. Sure they're *decent* in assault but anyone thats not a complete idiot will make sure they are just a smoking pile of rubble long before they have the chance to do anything. You really need to drop these to get very important things for your army and without them this list will loose alot.

The priest is'nt really needed hes quite a few points which you could buy other things with.

I hope I could help at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by newsun View Post

HQ
    Ok she is wish celestians, she alone has anti-tank weapon, what are they going to do with her? They are not going to a nightclub, but either tankbusting or pwning troop elites.

I really dont understand the point of a retinue that cannot accomplish anything on their own, they need weapons, not just take up room in a tank.
    Why do you want domonions to be good at melee?

Troops
    Sisters have no upgrades, they can get to the destinations, but have no punch power there nor they generate faith. In addition rhinos are not equipped to last longer than first glancing hit.

Fast Attack
    I can see that work, but why veteran doesnt have any weapons on her to help the squad.

I dont understand this squad, but it may actually work despite their low number.

Heavy Support
    Why is there a storm bolter on the exorcist? Once again without proper upgrade it will be immobile for the duration of the game and wont be firing at all.

2 Penitant Engine
    The down side of engines is their armour, fact that they are open topped, and insane point cost for the stuff above. it costs 2/3 price of a dreadnaught, yet doesnt do nearly 50% of what dread can accomplish.

Without sounding hostile or too harsh I would recommend to re-read codex as a first, than go and read say two last pages of this forums army lists and skim though them.
    Read tacticas, educate yourself before putting heretical lists in here. The link you have shown is heresy as well I already called in an exterminatus there.

Also something tells me that you have not played sisters before beyond theoryhammer on paper, I would also suggest playing couple small 750 games to understand what goes where.

So thought of the day: educate self about your army and try to experience it.
    good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main issue: for the emperors sake, put veteran sisters in the squads! You'll need the faith points!

melee is not what SoB are about from what I can tell, it's all about flamers and rapid fire with numbers. I am going for a heavy tank list and I really want 2x immolators and a couple of exorcists min.
    Yeah, short range fire is where we excel, but just think about it:
    - If the enemy is in rapid fire range, he can (and probably will) assault you in his next turn.
    - Something storming out of the right transport might assault you, before you get to shoot.
    - Something that uses cover might assault you, before you get to shoot.
    - Jump infantry might assault you, before you get to shoot.

Ok, you have faith points then (at least if you get the veterans in there asap!), but what really saves your day is an eviscerator on those veteran sisters.
    - Special Characters fear them.
    - Small-medium assault squads fear them.
    - Elite troops fear them.

With a little faith and eviscerators I was able to kill Khorne Berzerkers and even a whole Blood Angels army in close combat. Sure those guys have lots of attacks, but often only 1 of 'em has a power weapon and you have servo armor. As soon as you hit back, there will probably die 1-2 MEQs of his precious 5-6 men assault squad due to the eviscerator. Pushing your strength to 5 with faith you might even kill another one. Sure they kill 4 sisters that turn, but you strike back hard.

Second issue: Book of St Lucius. Take it. Best item in the game. You lost CC? Why worry? Still Ld 9-10! And only 5 points!

Next: Nothing speaks against your approach with many tanks. You might even pull it off to screen the penitents with your 5 light tanks, but the priest is more of a nuisance and the penitents are the points you need elsewhere.
    You'd still have 7 tanks on the field without 'em.

+ Reply to Thread