Space Marine list 2000 pts. is it worthwhile? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine list 2000 pts. is it worthwhile?

HQ
    Pedro Kantor(175 )

Troops
    5 Scouts w/ 5 Camo cloaks, HB, 4 Sniper Rifles (100 )
    5 Scouts w/ 5 Camo cloaks, HB, 4 Sniper Rifles (100 )

Elites
    10 Sternguard w/ 1 Combi-Plasma, 1 Combi-flamer, 2 Combi Meltas, Lightning Claw, Drop Pod w/ML (330 )
    10 Sternguard w/ 1 Combi-Plasma, 1 Combi-flamer, 2 Combi Meltas, Lightning Claw, Drop Pod w/ML (330 )
    10 Sternguard w/ 1 Combi-Plasma, 1 Combi-flamer, 2 Combi Meltas, Lightning Claw, Drop Pod w/ML & LB (340 )

Fast Attack

Landspeeder Tornado w/ Heavy Bolter (60 )

Heavy Support
    Land Raider (250 )
    Thunderfire Cannaon (100 )
    5 Dev squad w/ 4 ML's (150 )

Total: 1935 pts

So can it hold up? Opinions? Suggestions? still got some points to use up, so might change up some stuff still

Last edited by dashrendar; November 1st, 2008 at 00:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice list!
    40k Armies:
    Orks: W7/D2/L3, Necrons: 6/0/1, Eldar: 4/1/2, Marines: 0/0/0
    Fantasy Armies:
    Ogres: 1/0/1, Bretonnians 0/0/0

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Kind of low on troops for 2K while the really nice thing is that all your troops are pretty elite.

for the remaining points I'd buy another land speeder, redundancy is key (but that might be my guard line of thinking)

Getting rid of that last sternguard squad will give you 2 full tactical squads with a flamer and one of the heavy weapons. I think I'd prefer that personally as that'll net you 10 more power armored scoring troops. The downside is that means only 1 drop pod will come in on the first turn instead of 2 unless you use the extra points to buy a drop pod for one of those tac squads instead of the and speeder I mentioned above and then you'd have 30 points to upgrade both sgt's with power weapons.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list as already stated, balance may slightly be in favour of the elites choice, lol, but unless playing in a tourney or some such that shouldn't matter too much. But like MadLarkin said, getting rid of the last sternguard unit will give you alot of pointsa towards a nice plump tactical squad that for only 235 points can have sergent w/ powerfist, meltagun, missile launcher and drop pod. That still gives you plenty of points left over for 2 land speeders or something like that.
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MadLarkin View Post
    Kind of low on troops for 2K while the really nice thing is that all your troops are pretty elite.

for the remaining points I'd buy another land speeder, redundancy is key (but that might be my guard line of thinking)

Getting rid of that last sternguard squad will give you 2 full tactical squads with a flamer and one of the heavy weapons. I think I'd prefer that personally as that'll net you 10 more power armored scoring troops. The downside is that means only 1 drop pod will come in on the first turn instead of 2 unless you use the extra points to buy a drop pod for one of those tac squads instead of the and speeder I mentioned above and then you'd have 30 points to upgrade both sgt's with power weapons.
    actually, they are all scoring units, with Pedro, the sternguard count as scoring. and if I combat squad them, then I will have 8 possible scoring units.

and I will either add a landspeeder, or take out the one I have and add a bike squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Sternguard may count as scoring units with Pedro and you CAN combat-squad them. The problem, however, is the lack of bodies in your list. Sternguard are nifty at shooting, but they die just as easily as a Tactical Marine, and cost more than 50% more than a Tactical Marine. 35 models in power armor and 10 wimply scouts is a pretty small force for a 2K points list.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made a few changes

HQ

Pedro Kantor(175 )
    Captain w/ Storm Shield, Power Sword, Artificer Armor, Bike (180 )

Troops
    Bike Squad 5 bikes + Attack Bike w/ 2 Flamers, Combi Flamer, Melta bombs (210 )
    Bike Squad 5 bikes w/ 2 Flamers, Combi Flamer, Melta bombs (170 )
    Bike Squad 5 bikes w/ 2 Flamers, Combi Flamer, Melta bombs (170 )

Elites
    10 Sternguard w/ 1 Combi-Plasma, 1 Combi-flamer, 2 Combi Meltas, Lightning Claw (275 )
    10 Sternguard w/ 1 Combi-Plasma, 1 Combi-flamer, 2 Combi Meltas, Lightning Claw (275 )
    Heavy Support
    Thunderfire Cannaon (100 )
    5 Dev squad w/ 4 ML's (150 )

Total: 1980 pts

It is geared more towards Orks and Niids, but I think it would hold up well against my buddies Eldar also.

+ Reply to Thread