1k escalation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k escalation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

1k escalation

4 week escalation tournament starting in a couple days. Not really sure what the other points will be but i will post the other lists here as well.

Captain
    Jump Pack
    Relic Blade

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Assault Squad x10
    Power Fist

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta
    Drop Pod

60 points left. Im thinking 2 power fists on the sergeant of tac squads(but i would then have to make 2 new models...). Other option was combi weapons on tac seargeants, flamers on assault squad, and melta bombs on sergeant and comander. What do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

23 views...and no replys... Is the list that good?? haha kidding.

So heres another couple of lists i was working on. Tournament is tomorrow(or thursday...?) so need a response soon please!

List 1:

Shrike

Dreadnought
    lascannon
    Missile launcher

Dreadnought
    lascannon
    Missile launcher

5x Scouts
    5x sniper rifles(or ccw?)
    I want a missile launcher in here or HB but i dont have one at the moment.

10 Marines
    Plamsa gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

10 Assault Marines
    Power Weapon

990 points. Was thinking i could drop the rhino for a power fist and ccw on the scouts(and cloaks?). I think this list will do quite well depending on if im first or not... What you think?

List 2:
    This one was purely to throw whatever i want in. Really doubt it will be effective.

Captain
    Power Weapon
    Jump Pack

Vanguard x5
    Jump Packs

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher

5x Scouts

Dreadnought
    lascannon
    Missile launcher

Dreadnought
    lascannon
    Missile launcher

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta
    Drop Pod

1000 on the nose. Im a fan of the dreadnought so wanted to show that in these two lists. Might lose the missile launchers on the dreads just to have them moving toward the enemy instead of shooting everything(combat is good).

So what you guys/gals think!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isao Nox View Post
    4 week escalation tournament starting in a couple days. Not really sure what the other points will be but i will post the other lists here as well.

Captain
    Jump Pack
    Relic Blade

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Assault Squad x10
    Power Fist

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta
    Drop Pod

60 points left. Im thinking 2 power fists on the sergeant of tac squads(but i would then have to make 2 new models...). Other option was combi weapons on tac seargeants, flamers on assault squad, and melta bombs on sergeant and comander. What do you all think?
    This list seems the most balanced and therefor best composition scoring, throw in a couple of power fists for your serg's and they would work perfect, also think about a drop pod for one of your tactical squads just because a 10 man tactical squad backed up by a dropping dread is a nasty objective grabber. Also using the last 10 points I would throw a flamer on your assault squad for some toasting before assaulting!

Hope the reply is in time, all the best with the army in the tourney, tell me how it goes!

Ps. I know the feeling about people not replying, it gets abit frustrating but I think its becasue all the lists are basically the same, I try to reply to ones that have no comments just so people don't feel shafted by LO members.
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Ps. I know the feeling about people not replying, it gets abit frustrating but I think its becasue all the lists are basically the same, I try to reply to ones that have no comments just so people don't feel shafted by LO members.
    THANK YOU! haha i do the same thing, perposefully look for 0 post lists so i can at least give the person some input, then i get no love back haha.

Sadly i only have the one drop pod so rhinos would have to stay. The Power fists are a good idea and i should probably use them in every game, i just never have the points(except now). I think im actucally going to use my Dreadnought list, then make it look more like this as the tournament progresses.

Thanks!
    Nox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should drop something like a dread missile launcher and give your vanguards some hitting power, maybe at least a power weapon, or if you can squeeze the points the serg twin lightning claws or soemthing, just to make it worth spending the points on them...Otherwise drop them to assault marines and buff up your assault serg and thrw in a couple of flamers or something...(I'd personally go with the vanguards extra attacks)
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isao Nox View Post

Captain
    Jump Pack
    Relic Blade

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Tac Squad x10
    Plasma Gun
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino

Assault Squad x10
    Power Fist

Dreadnought
    Multi Melta
    Drop Pod

Your list is fine and well balanced. You should do fine with it without any changes, but if I was playing your list I'd do the following adjustments based only on my personal preference:

- Instead of a Captain, select a chaplain with jump pack.
    - Get the free missile launcher/flamer combo for the tacticals and add a power weapon for each sergeant.
    - Use razorback instead of rhinos.
    - 5 men assault squad and power fisted sergeant.
    - Attach the chaplain to the above squad.

The above modifications will leave me with 200 extra points. which I'd use for:
    - 5 men scout squad with 5 sniper rifles
    - Predator with HB sponsors
    - Attack bike with Heavy bolter

The whole list comes to a 1k points exactly.

Comparing both lists, you'll loose the extra wound, attack and initiative on the Captain and 5 men on the assault squad, weakening it a bit.

You'll gain however a significant increase of anti-infantry fire power, mobility and tactical advantage.

The assault squad is now fearless and has Liturgies of Battle. You have an extra twin-linked heavy bolter per tactical squad and had gained another unit that can capture objectives. The attack bike can dish some extra damage and turbo boost to contest objectives and the predator is an excellent armor choice.

I wish I had the extra points for the multi-melta on the attack bike, but I don't see a lot of armor in a 1000 points and much less heavy armor, so you should be fine.

+ Reply to Thread