1750 ultrmarines vs orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 ultrmarines vs orks

Ok this is my first time posting on this so please dont crush my soul if i mess up.
    His army leans towards mass infantry although ork players usually do this.
    This is what i knocked up think its right tell me what you think.

HQ
    Master of the forge - 135
    Coversion beamer and power sword

Troops
    10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 metla gun 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant 170
    10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 flamer 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant 165
    10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 flamer 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant + rhino with storm bolter 205
    10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 melta gun 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant+rhino with storm bolter 210
    Elites
    1 dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 125
    1 Venerable dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 185
    1 venerable dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 185
    Heavy support
    1 dreadnought CCW assualt cannon and heavy flamer 125
    1 dreadnought CCW assualt cannon 115
    Total 1745

Dreads FTW LOL!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MechMan View Post
    Ok this is my first time posting on this so please dont crush my soul if i mess up.
    I'll try =)
    HQ
    Master of the forge - 135
    Coversion beamer and power sword
    Personally i would not take the beamer and a weapon. Especially against orks. Power weapon will be a waste of points if he sits and shoots all game. Not to mention orks have poo of an armour save anyway. Also we are going to need the points later on down the page.

Troops
    10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 metla gun 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant 170
    Ok tac squad one: is 5 points less than it should be. If you take out the power sword on the master that will make up for it. You accidently did not include the points for the melta, which vs. orks may do better as a flamer anyway.

The points cost for a 10 man tactical squad with missile launcher and flamer is 170 points. You cannot have 10 marines that are less than that many points. So any weapons you add(other than the freebies) will make the cost higher than this. (refer to this paragraph for other tac squads in your list.)

10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 flamer 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant 165
    This unit is 5 points less than it should be. But looks good for fighting orks.

10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 flamer 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant + rhino with storm bolter 205
    This is spot on. Love it. However if the "rhino with storm bolter" means you added a storm bolter to the rhino(making it now have 2) then this squad is marked less points than it should be.

10 Man tatical squad
    7 boltguns 1 melta gun 1 missle launcher 1 sergeant+rhino with storm bolter 210
    Looks good. Im actually starting to see meltas as good since he may have dreads and the like which will need to be taken out quickly if your tactical squads are to survive. Points are good here unless the storm bolter is a second one.

Elites
    1 dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 125
    1 Venerable dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 185
    1 venerable dreadnought CCW assault cannon and heavy flamer 185
    YAY DREADNOUGHTS! love them =). So down to brass tax on what they are and what they do here. Without extra armour you may find a few of them stall up while on the way to the enemy. Not to bad however so we can leave them as is(theres a ton anyway). Guns are perfect against orks so i would not shange them. These guys should be heading to tie up boy mobs quickly. (view my last statement on how to ensure the boys will lose combat.)

Heavy support
    1 dreadnought CCW assualt cannon 115
    Total 1745

Dreads FTW LOL!!!
    Again marvelous.

Ok a few points slips here and there that need tweeking. Otherwise looks good. Heavy bolters may do you good in squads, but i doubt a rockit will miss with so many boys.

Lack of power fists will hurt if he has any dreads of his own. So they will have to go down first before they are able to hit your line.

Save your rhinos and dont lose them, they will help a lot when it come turn 5-6 to go grab objectives and push boys outa the way.

Ok keeping your dreads in combat with orks and kicking them around. If you drop a tactical squad and take 10 sniper scouts with telion then he can sit up in a tower somewhere and pick off the Nobs with power klaws in the mobs. This way he has nothing to stand against you in close combat(with your dreads). Keep in mind that they have two wounds and it may take more than one round of shooting(so probably only 2 mobs will lose their nobs before you see combat. Scouts will also be usefull for shooting down mobz of Nobz.

Not to harsh i hope =)

Nox

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Welcome to the Space Marines!

Your math is wrong on the tac squads, a full 10 man squad is 170 points, not 165 so the first squad should be 175 and the second should be 170, although your third and fourth squad look good so if you drop an assault cannon it should be fixed.

Drop the power sword on your master of the forge, he won't be needing it he should be in the back of the board far away from the enemy shooting stuff. Give the sword to one of your tac squads as right now none of them have any real bite in close combat or you could drop the beam instead of the power sword.
    Personally I would prefer the master of the forge with a power weapon and no conversion beam as the servo harness gives him a lot of CC potential, with several initiative power attacks and 2 powerfist attacks plus a twin linked plasma and flamer, could prove useful against orks who don't have too much that needs a S10 weapon to blow up, especially since you have 4 missile launchers and 5-6 assault cannons and then your meltas and such.

Also with the points saved you can get a powerfist for one of your squads, again increasing the close combat viablitiy of one of you tac squads.

You seem on the right track though, keep it up!
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot brothers.
    Yeah thought there was slip ups like giving the rhino a storm bolter :/
    I really can really see my dreaders winning this on there 6 assualt cannons and 6 heavy flamers thats gonna take them down in scores.
    I cant make my mind up with master of the forge you both had your points so good

+ Reply to Thread