Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
First attempt to make an IG army, usually play orks so I think it kinda shows with the troop horde I have going on.
Hardened Veterans x 4
Hardened Veterans x4
Fast Attack Total:
Basalisk w/ indirect
Basalisk w/ indirect
Heavy Support total:
Sorry for it being spaced out weird...just copied and pasted from excel.
A few major problems that I see is that you only have one troop choice, You need another to make it legal. Your also missing a Platoon Command squad. I would suggest you cut the first platoon down to two squads, and make the other platoon the exact same, or maybe take plasma instead of melta.
For a 1000pt game, I dont take any elites, but thats just me. I would get rid of them and add in some Anti-tanks support squads, since you are a little low on anti-tank weapons. The meltas will help a bit, but I would add some lascannons or rocket launchers.
You should have a few extra points left over to add a few fancy weapons to your HSO.
As for your fast attack, Ive never used Hellhounds so I dont know how well they do.
The basilisks are good, not going to say much there.
Im relatively new myself so this might not be the most sound advice.
2 can't have 2 heavy weapons in a command squad
if you like hordes i suggest a infantry platoon(consisting of a junior officer and his command squad and 2-5 infantry squads
and a conscript platoon(basically just 1 huge squad of guardsmen(can be between 20 and 50, but personally i only ever use 30 or 50, 20 isn't enough.)
also you dont need so many meltaguns, your basalisks can deal with most vehicles at this low point level, also hellhounds are good at killing light vehicles insted of meltaguns get grenade launchers(dont miss much and you usually get to cover around 5 guys) or flamers, wounds marines on 4+ and can cover more models than anything except ordinance.
Hellhounds are good tanks
Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"
I'll probably drop one group of hardened vets and replace it with another platoon w/ plasma.
I didn't get conscripts as they are really bad point for point compared to regular troops for several reasons: Their use as tar pits is sharply reduced by the 5e morale rules, they are a lot easier to massacre with the 5e blast, multiple template and casualty rules.
Wasn't paying attention with the mortars in the command squad. I may just change it to a HSO with medic, standard, and a mortar and then leave the group in the back somewhere behind cover.
New list up in a bit.
Right lets have a look at this list:
1. two heavy wepaons inthe command squad one needs to go to make the list legal
2. The platoon has no command, again it needs one to be legal. Iron discipline cant be given to squads it is given to officers only (see p56 the last line makes this clear)
3. Only a single troops choice (this may be due to confusion over the guard platoon)
4. The vets don't need light infantry it is a waste on such a small unit that can already infiltrate for free. Unless you theme the whole list this can go.
5. I'm not a fan of senior officers generally I go with COD style or an HSO (JO with HI) so consider changing this. plus this is the guy who the iron discipline goes on.
6. meltas should never go in line squads, remnants occaisionally but never full squads. plasma work ok but heavy weapons are needed somewhere in this list. If you are going to drop in the line squads keep the platoons to a minimum. use grenade launchers aas said above due to their better accuracy/impact (although plasma is good). The platoon commands should be fitted with assault weapons in my experience of dropping them in. stormbolters, flamers grenade launchers are usually good choices as well as a power sword on the officer. COD may help if you are dropping troops in as well (only line troops obviously).
7. take one melta formt eh first squad of vets and give it to the second or you will ave one bad and one good squad. In guard it is always advisable to even everything out just in case!
Good first attempt the support is different to a lot of peoples lists round here but looks to be really good. Welcome to the guard!
hope that helps