Knight of Ross - "Knight" Themed Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knight of Ross - "Knight" Themed Army

What's up. This is the revised list that was brought to life in the "Crazy 2500pt All-Infantry Assault... blah-blah-blah" topic. It is now much shorter, more mature, and (to top it off) completely legal (always a plus).

Anyway, it's exactly 2000 points, and (I think) pretty well rounded. Let me here your thoughts on it all.

HQ

Supreme Lord-General Tiberius Revorn (counts as Pedro Kantor) – 175 Points

Honor Guard – 225 Points
    ·1 Chapter Champion w/Thunder Hammer
    ·3 Honor Guard w/Boltguns, Bolt Pistols and Power Weapons
    ·1 Honor Guard w/Boltgun, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon and Chapter Banner

Space Marine Biker Captain – 160 Points
    ·Power Armor
    ·Combi-Melta
    ·Power Sword
    ·Space Marine Bike

Elites

Sternguard Squad – 220 Points

·1 Sternguard Sergeant w/Bolter
    ·5 Sternguard Marines w/Bolters
    ·2 Sternguard Marines w/Plasma Cannons

Sternguard Squad – 230 Points
    ·1 Sternguard Sergeant w/Bolter
    ·5 Sternguard Marines w/Bolters
    ·2 Sternguard Marines w/Lascannons

Troops

Black Phoenix Squad (counts as Grey Knights) – 235 Points

·1 Black Phoenix Sergeant w/ Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Weapon
    ·6 Black Phoenix Marines w/Storm Bolters and Nemesis Force Weapons
    ·1 Black Phoenix Marine w/Incinerator

Black Phoenix Squad (counts as Grey Knights) – 235 Points

·1 Black Phoenix Sergeant w/ Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force Weapon
    ·6 Black Phoenix Marines w/Storm Bolters and Nemesis Force Weapons
    ·1 Black Phoenix Marine w/Incinerator

Biker Squad – 170 Points

·1 Biker Sergeant w/Power Weapon
    ·2 Space Marine Bikers w/Bolt Pistols
    ·1 Space Marine Biker w/Flamer
    ·1 Space Marine Biker w/Plasma Gun

Biker Squad – 170 Points
    ·1 Biker Sergeant w/Power Weapon
    ·2 Space Marine Bikers w/Bolt Pistols
    ·1 Space Marine Biker w/Flamer
    ·1 Space Marine Biker w/Plasma Gun

Fast Attack

Land Speeder Squadron – 180 Points
    ·3 Land Speeders w/Multi-Meltas

Total: 2000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

since your not using all your fast attack why not split all the land speeders into their own squads? the only thing they lose is free extra armor with the squadron rule but they become a lot more survivable.

I would also lose the chapter banner, that many pts for an extra attack for kantor? sure the reroll is nice but you'll hardly use it especially with you being stubborn.

Seems like this will be a very hard list to play with, but I can see it's potential. If you could free up some points for your sternguard to get some rhino's the grey knights can jack them, you could even drop 2 grey knights from each squad and get razor backs.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea about splitting the Land Speeders into separate Fast Attack spots, but that does mean that I have to roll for each one when rolling for reserves. In other words, they probably won't all be on the table at the same time; it would be pretty easy to take out 1 Land Speeder each turn. I think that should be easy to remedy, as they enemy will really have to position their tanks well to guard against (potentially) three deep-striking multi-melta bearing Land Speeders. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

About the Chapter Banner: I plan on running the Honor Guard w/Kantor as the center of the force. The Black Phoenixes (Grey Knights) will flank the Honor Guard, one squad on the left and one on the right; that's why I have two extra attack elements in my army. Kantor will be one one side of the Honor Guard and the Chapter Banner will be on the other side. They'll be about 8-9 inches apart, which gives the attack bonus an oval shape which at the widest point is about 32" wide and at the thinest point 12" inches. Perfect for an assualt army that relies on a huge first charge.

If this idea works out like it's supposed to, then I'll have 48 high strength attacks and 25 power weapon attacks on the charge. If these guys get locked in, there are very few armys that will survive more than two turns. And thats not taking into acount the massive shooting that will happen the phase before: 16 Bolters, 2 Plasma Cannons, 2 Lascannons, 11 TL-bolters, 14 Storm bolters, 2 Incenerators, and (possibly) 3 Multi-meltas - if I don't want the bikers to fire their TW-bolters, then they can fire two plasma guns and two flamers. Oh, and the bolt pistols from the Honor Guard. That's a HUGE amount of anti-infantry, and when you combine it with the following assualt, I think this army will do rather well.

Oh, I also have 4 8-man and 2 5-bike scoring units; and the bikes can turboboost in the last turn to grab an objective if they need to.

However, Rhinos (or Razorbacks) for at least one of Sternguard squads would be nice. I'll try to fit them in and post an edited army list.

Any thoughts on the general stratagies I just posted?

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Not taking Land Speeders as reserve is always an option. There's is little as fear-causing as three land speeders ON the table, at the start of the game.

Just put them out of LoS or in cover, then scramble them, tearing up enemy armour, or, alternatively, draw a heck load of high strength fire away from your marines, which is all the better.
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

+ Reply to Thread