Black Templars [1500] Mech - GT08 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Newton Abbot, UK
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x2)

Black Templars [1500] Mech - GT08

Hi, this is my list for this year's grand tournament. It has a few flaws to iron out, I would apreciate any advice people can give on it. So far it has played extremley well at our local club, the only army it tends to fall down against is an over the top Eldar army which features 6 War Walkers, FDs in a Falcon and Eldrad casting fortune on an Avatar.

Marshal; Pair of Lightning Claws, Iron Halo, Holy Orb, Terminator Honours, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades (163

Emperor's Champion; Accept Any Challenge (140

Sword Brethren Terminator Squad
    - 5 Terminators; 2 Assault Cannons (240

Crusader Squad
    - 8 Initiates; BPs & CCWs, Frag Grenades, Meltagun, Powerfist
    - Rhino; Extra Armour, Smoke (219

x2 (219

x3 (219

Heavy Support

Predator Annihilator; Sponson Lascannons, Extra Armour (150

x2 (150

It's a pretty simple list so not much explanation needed, the Crusader squads are my main combat troops and objective takers, who are backed up by the characters. Predators find a good position and give the army some much needed fire support. The Terminators tend to either start on the line when I need some massed medium strength firepower, or they deepstrike wherever I happen to need a few Powerfists.

Kill point total is 11.

Any advice is apreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Xethemez; November 10th, 2008 at 08:45.

2. Remove Advertisements

Bendigo, Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

23 (x1)

Nice list, a few kinks though. To hold your home objective you have to spend an entire squad whose longest range is 12 inch. Not a promising start, lol. I would suggest them a cheap tactical sqaud with maybe a heavy bolter, that is only 85 points, can hold your home objective and deal some cheap damage to boot ( i always take a plasma cannon squad but its abit more expensive).

The second point is that in 5th edition power fist models dont receive an extra attack for 2x CCW, thus your expensive guy has a whole 1 attack. And therefor with your champ's vow a power sword is a much better item (cheaper too!)

Strong list though, very good.
    Move forward and stay quiet brothers.

Check out my half finished blog here.

+ Reply to Thread