2k Full out Drop Pod Salamander List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Full out Drop Pod Salamander List

Hello, I have been meaning to redo a marine army for some time now. New dex and lots of new goodies have strung me back. I have always liked the salamanders theme with flamers and meltas but I hated the old Int 3 they used to have. Now with Vulkan Salamanders look like they can be fun and strong. Here is my first write up at a new list:

HQ

Vulkan He'Stan

Elites

160pts Dreadnought w/ Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer in Drop Pod w/ Beacon
    150pts Dreadnought w/ Mulit-Melta, Heavy Flamer in Drop Pod
    320pts x8 Assault Terminators w/ Thunder Hammer, Storm shield

Troops

250pts x10 Marines w/ Multi-melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Weapon/Pistol, Teleport Homer in Drop Pod w/ Beacon
    225pts x10 Marines w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Weapon/Pistol in Drop Pod
    240pts x10 Marines w/ Mulit-Melta, Flamer, Sgt w/ Combi-Flamer/Powerfist in Drop Pod
    240pts x10 Marines w/ Muliti-Melta, Flamer, Sgt w/ Combi-Flamer/Powerfist in Drop Pod

Fast Attack

225pts x10 Assault Marines w/ Bolt Pistols/CCW, Sgt w/ thunder hammer/Combat shield in Drop Pod

2000pts Total

The idea is I have 7 drop pods so 4 will hit first turn, Vulkan and his jumpack less assault marines come down 1st turn with x2 Tactical squads and a dreadnought. then on turn 2 I start rolling for the terms and the rest. Terms seem like they will be gods with the master crafter hammers and there new 2+/3+ I am surprised no one else taking them in the other salamander armies writes ups that have popped up today. Its seems failry well rounded, lots of troops lost of anti armour and a ok amount of assault. Any help or feedback in case I am missing something would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play drop pod sallies too, and from experience, assualt squads in drop pods get blown to bits, everytime. especially if they have a character with them. realistically, thats 400 points gone on the turn they arrive, cause NOBODY wants to get near them, or let them get near. unless you're playing a khorne army. my buddy who plays orks even avoids it and chooses to blast away at it.

however, that said, if you screen them with the drop pod and are able to find a flank to isolate and pin against terrain so they can't run from that squad I guess its ok, but then you're stuck for the rest of the game chasing.

Lastly, doesn't a beacon do the same thing as a homer? looking at the rules, they look the same. so thats 10 points freed up for ya.

And yes, terminators are sweet, I fully agree, but only in a list 2000+, so they fit in just fine here. let me know how this list works. should be fun to play, and a complete headache to play against.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would drop the power weapons and fists from the tac squads and spend the ponts on 2 more terminators and combat squad them into 2 units of 5. 2 units of termies can babysit the tac squads from nasty combats.

Drop the teleport homer for another beacon on a turn 1 pod and try to get a flamer or two in the assault squad to chip in with vulkan's heavy flamer.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; November 13th, 2008 at 10:34.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys, I like the idea of 10 termies and flamers in the assault squad. Did a little re-arranging and came up with:

HQ

Vulkan

Elites

160pts Dreadnought w/ MM, HF in Drop Pod with Beacon
    150pts Dreadnought w/ MM, HF in Drop Pod
    400pts x10 Terminators w/ TH, SS

Troops

245pts x10 SM w/ MM, MG and Sgt w/ Power fist in Drop Pod w/ Beacon
    235pts x10 SM w/ MM, MG and Sgt w/ Power fist in Drop Pod
    205pts x10 SM w/ MM, Flamer in Drop Pod

Fast Attack

210pts x10 Assault Marines w/ x2 Flamers in Drop Pod

2000pts Total

Turn 1 Vulkan drops down with the assault marines, both Tactical marines with Power Fists and 1 Dreadnought (with Beacon) All my Combat marines are down turn 1 and if people do shoot my assault marines they aren't shooting my tactical squads. Termies will split up when they arrive and bring more support. The generic tactical squads come down for support or on objectives. Seems good on paper, will have to try it out for a bit and Tinker.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by JanogFet View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I like the idea of 10 termies and flamers in the assault squad. Did a little re-arranging and came up with:

HQ

Vulkan

Elites

160pts Dreadnought w/ MM, HF in Drop Pod with Beacon
    150pts Dreadnought w/ MM, HF in Drop Pod
    400pts x10 Terminators w/ TH, SS

Troops

245pts x10 SM w/ MM, MG and Sgt w/ Power fist in Drop Pod w/ Beacon
    235pts x10 SM w/ MM, MG and Sgt w/ Power fist in Drop Pod

Fast Attack

210pts x10 Assault Marines w/ x2 Flamers in Drop Pod

2000pts Total

Turn 1 Vulkan drops down with the assault marines, both Tactical marines with Power Fists and 1 Dreadnought (with Beacon) All my Combat marines are down turn 1 and if people do shoot my assault marines they aren't shooting my tactical squads. Termies will split up when they arrive and bring more support. The generic tactical squads come down for support or on objectives. Seems good on paper, will have to try it out for a bit and Tinker.
    I like the feel of the army - would certainly be quite daunting!

Would be annoying rolling for the terminator's hth attacks, though! -seeing as you would have to roll each terminator's attacks individually! (Remember, each terminator gets 1 re-roll only, you can't spread the re-rolls around either).

Heh.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread