Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
OK so this is an expantion of a 1k list i put together a few days ago after it did swimmingly against opposing SM and Tau armys
the list is currently:
(lets hope I dont break any rules with the listings)
Chapter Master; 158 pts
Bolt Pistol, Lightning claw
Aux grenade Launcher (felt like trying it out)
Librarian; 100 pts
Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon
Force Dome and Avenger
Sternguard veterans; 240 Pts
TL Heavy Bolter
10man Tactical squad; 260 Pts
10man Tactical Squad; 275 pts
5man Assault Squad; 120 pts
2 LandSpeeders; 140 pts
2x Tornado Multi-Melta
Thunderfire Cannon; 100 pts
Techmarine with Servo-harness
Predator; 130 pts
Sponson Heavy Bolters
Total: 1500 pts on the dot
Edit: I appear to have miscalculated and have been forced to remove the storm bolter and the Deathwind Launcher.
So the general tactic that it used in the last game was to:
- Run the 2 Razorbacks across the field zapping and shooting away with the assault troops following behind for some cover.
- The missile combat squad and thunderfire will sit back and throw lots of template goodness at troops and hopefully slow them down with subterranean blasts if they are too tough to get their Sv ignored.
- The speeders will try to stay behind cover to get close enough to pop some tanks in turn 2-4.
- The Chapter Master and librarian will drop in with the tactical squad on turn 1
- The Librarian will pop a Force dome to protect against high AP shots in the first vulnerable turn after getting out of the Pod.
- Drop squad charges and lays some pain on infantry with a lightning claw, power Fist, and force Weapon.
- Sternguard, assault, and P.Weapon combat squad arrive and support or expand the CC.
The parts that were added for the 1500 was the Predator, Librarian, Assault squad and beefed the Razor with Lazcannon.
In all there is only 3 scoring squads but the other squads should keep the opposition busy for the last few turns.
ok thats me for now. lay some comments, opinions, suggestions and criticisms (keep them constructive, I'm sensitive)
Last edited by kiwiboy12; November 12th, 2008 at 00:03.
Id drop the deathwind launcher, its too much of a point sink for the list you've got, totally not worth it.
What would you suggest doing with the extra points? i could beef the Assault squad with a Fist and have a little left over for something else.
honestly, id suggest some combi weapons in that sternguard squad, and if there is some left over, sure, power fists are always fun. and also, why not take that free multi melta in your podding tactical squad? close range, drops in and bamm, and its FREE!
I wouldnt be able to fire the MM on the turn it gets out and the squads job was to tie up a portion of the opponents army while the rest arrives to help mop up. i can see the merit of the combi weaps but i feel that the sternguard are best suited at anti-infantry not tank hunting and the unstable bolts (cant remember name) are strong enough in my opinion to handle higher Sv units. I have the rocket launcher, 2 speeders, TLLC razor and plenty of Hbolters to deal with medium to heavy armor.
Keep the comments coming.
anti infantry? then 5 points per combi flamer.... thats a world of hurt.
ok a possible change now that the deathwind launcher is gone cause i cant use a calculator
drop the Extra armor on the predator and i could upgrade the power weapon to a fist and add a combi-flamer to the sternguard.
Has anyone used the Aux Grenade launcher to any success? cause i could drop that instead.
an extra grenade attack each round is handy.
Anyone else got any comments or suggestions about the list or does everyones silence mean that there is nothing to improve upon because it is perfect?
anyone tried the Aux Grenade Launcher?