1500pt Raven Guard, suggestion pls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

1500pt Raven Guard, suggestion pls

This is my first 5th ed. SM list, and since I have the Shrike model so I decided to go for the Raven Guard theme. I do hope to get some comments on the list before I am committed to buy the rest of the army.

HQ
    Captain Kayvaan Shrike

Troop
    10x Tactical Squad w/ Flamer, Lascannon
    10x Tactical Squad w/ Flamer, Lascannon

Split into combat squads: 5 Marines w/ 1 Lascannon stands back, 5 Marines with Sergeant and Flamer in the forward providing bolter support.

10x Scout w/ 4x Sniper Rifle, 5x Combat Blade, 1x Heavy Bolter
    10x Scout w/ 4x Sniper Rifle, 5x Combat Blade, 1x Heavy Bolter

The point here is to split them into combat squads too: 4 Sniper and Hellfire HvyBolter stands back, the other 5 with Combat Blade and Sergeant go into Outflank mode.

Fast
    7x Assault Squad w/ Sergeant has Melta Bomb
    8x Vanguard w/ All equipped with Jump Packs

Shrike joins with the Assault Squad and go into Outflank mode. Hopefully... both units can pop out at the same turn if not.. not too far behind from each other.

Heavy
    8x Devastator Squad w/ 4x Plasma Cannon

My primary anti horde/armoured troops squad.

Total: 1499

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Good.

Scouts: If you are getting first turn then don't outflank. Infiltrate 18" away from the enemy then scout move 6" forewards. Then move 6, fleet D6 and charge before the enemy ger a chance to pull a trigger. Of course you have a 1 in 6 chance of the enemy siezing the initiative and going first but it is surely worth it.

Tac Squads: Ok. The army is very short of antitank power so meltaguns or even plasmas would help.

Fast: Assault squad is good but a powerfist or TH could help with tanks. It too can get a first turn charge by infiltrating 18-19" away, move 12", fleet 1" and charge 6". Vanguarg are really hurting your model count and I would prefer 2x10 assault squads to keep the numbers up.

Heavy: OK but static and avoidable. You are still short of anti tank so MLs might be better for 2 of the weapons.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play raven guard myself so here is what i would do;
    Put both tactical squads in drop pods, And give them the folowing weapons:
    melta gun, multi-melta, power fist. Drop them next to tanks and just roast them.
    Swap the vanguard squad for 10 assault marines, and give both squads a power fist and 2 flamers. The last thing i would do is swap the devastator squad for a dread with heavy flamer and assault cannon in drop pod with a deatwind launcher, so you still have something anti horde. I hope it helped (be sure to join http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...liverance.html (Sons of Deliverance))

jari

+ Reply to Thread