1k Starting Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Starting Army

Space Marine Captain - Boltgun+Digital Weapons: 110 pnts

Tactical Squad - 10men - Flamer + Missile Launcher: 170 pnts

Assault Squad - 5men - : 100 pnts

Scout Squad - 5men - Sniper Rifles + Missile Launcher + Camo Cloaks + Sgt.Telion: 150 pnts

Predator - Side Sponsons Heavy Bolters + Sgt.Chronus: 155 pnts

Terminator Squad - 5men - 200 pnts

Dreadnought - - 105 pnts

---------------------------------------------------Total 990 points

Any advice? I also got a 5man space marine squad, and im not sure wether to put that one in instead of the assault squad

MEAT IS MURDER, And murder tastes pretty good! :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Its not bad, though it could use some tweaking. I'm assuming your force is based around the Assault on Black Reach boxed set? Restricted model choices is the only reason I'd use Terminators at such a low point value.

First thing I'd do is drop both Telion and Chronus from the list. 1000 points is too small to be blowing 120 points on two characters that probably won't have a huge impact on the game. That gives you the points to insert your 5 extra Tactical Marines. The downside is that since its only half a squad, they can't take heavy or special weapons, but it puts more bodies on the table and gives you another scoring unit. You also have points leftover for some more weapon upgrades. You could boost your Captain a bit, add a heavy weapon to the Terminator Squad, squeeze in a couple more scouts, etc.

Some things to consider when expanding your list and collection:
    * 10-man Tactical Squads are really ideal. They give you the option to add special/heavy weapons (which you definitely want), and they give you some for free in the flamer and heavy bolter/missile launcher/or multi-melta. Tactical Squads are better than Scouts (in my opinion), so all my Marine lists start with two full-size Tactical Squads with a special and a heavy.
    * A jump pack-equipped Captain or Chaplain. You gotta have an HQ unit, and both the Captain and Chaplain are very useful in close combat (the Chaplain for benefitting the squad he's with, the Captain just for his own prowess). You've got an Assault Squad and that's a useful unit, so adding a Chappy or Captain to go with them makes it a real nasty hitter. Keep it simple, just add a jump pack to either, and a power weapon to the Captain so they can hit hard.
    * Terminators are REALLY expensive. Often prohibitively so at lower point value games. I'd probably look to switch them out at the first opportunity once you have more models available. But if you're going to run them, get yourself an Assault Cannon or Cyclone Missile Launcher Terminator, to make the most of their ability to move and shoot the heavy stuff.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeap, you were right on about the black reach things ^^
    and you've given me some food for thought... these thoughts to be exact:

i took away the termies,chronos and telion

and added:

Chaplain - jump pack & powerfist: 130 pnts

10 man tactical squad + heavy bolter, plasma gun and a sgt storm bolter: 190 pnts

i should have thought of putting a chaplain/captain with my assault squad ^^
    MEAT IS MURDER, And murder tastes pretty good! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Nice tweak. Personally I think one HQ unit for 1000 points is plenty. I'd probably drop the Bolter-equipped Captain in that case. Use him to add some more bodies to your list. Maybe more Assault Marines? Also, the Chaplain comes with a power weapon (Crozius) in his base build. Not really much point in wasting that by adding a power fist to him, in my opinion. Instead I'd use those points to give your Assault Squad sergeant a power fist instead. Then you've got two guys running around with nasty CC weapons.
    "I would listen to Sokhar. The man's a genius. Listen."
    ~Lord Yossanrion
    "Thanks, Sokhar. There was some legitimately good advice in between the low-grade profanity, blaspheming and veiled insults."
    ~Quick
    "Well thought, intelligently put, with a hint of sarcastic bastard!"
    ~Diggum's Hammer

+ Reply to Thread