Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Codex Standard List

566 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Oh My God 
#1 ·
So, here's my first crack at a list using the new codex.

HQ - 145

1 - Space Marine Captain - 145
+Terminator Armour, Melta Bombs
(Hops into the Land Raider with the Terminators)

Elite - 325

5 - Terminator Assault Squad - 200
+Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
(Hops into the Land Raider with the Captain)

1 - Dreadnought - 125
+Assault Cannon, Missile Launcher
(For use against large blocks of troops/Light Vehicles)

Troops - 790

10 - Tactical Squad - 215
+Heavy Bolter, Melta-Gun, Razorback
(Combat Squaded, Sarge and MG go in RZ, HB sits back for fire support)

10 - Tactical Squad - 215
+Heavy Bolter, Melta-Gun, Razorback
(Same as above)

10 - Tactical Squad - 180
+Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun

Heavy Support - 250

1 - Land Raider - 250

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL! Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you!

I really like this list, as it is similar to my list I run. I would put flamers into the combat squads in the razorbacks and even in one line squad, as you can split into combat squads with one as support and one as a killer of infantry. Then use the points to buy some dreadnought upgrades. I wouldn't glue the missile-launcher arm on so that you can switch it out for a twin-linked autocannon arm when you want to (IMO better than a missile launcher for light/medium vehicles and medium/heavy infantry). I LOVE LANDRAIDERS:sinister::sinister::sinister::sinister::sinister::sinister:!!!!!!!

#4 ·
What Thaddeus said, I also worry you might be a little underguned in the long ranged anti-tank department (AV 13+ any way) maybe try to give one of the Razorbacks a twin-linked lascannon, or lascannon and twin-linked plasma gun.

Other wise it's a pretty solid list, best of luck

#5 ·
HQ - 140

1 - Space Marine Captain - 140
+Terminator Armour
(Hops into the Land Raider with the Terminators)

Elite - 325

5 - Terminator Assault Squad - 200
+Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
(Hops into the Land Raider with the Captain)

1 - Dreadnought - 125
+Assault Cannon, Missile Launcher
(For use against large blocks of troops/Light Vehicles)

Troops - 780

10 - Tactical Squad - 210
+Heavy Bolter, Flamer, Razorback
(Combat Squaded, Sarge and Flamer go in RZ, HB sits back for fire support)

10 - Tactical Squad - 210
+Heavy Bolter, Flamer, Razorback
(Same as above)

Heavy Support - 265

1 - Land Raider - 265
+Extra Armour

I pulled the melta bombs off of the captain; not sure what I was thinking there. Being in a unit with five close combat terminators means that if you manage to close with a vehicle, its pretty much dead, don't it?

Took the advice on the flamers over melta-guns on the CS Marines, used the extra points to slap Extra Armour on the Raider. It standing still is a bad thing, since I want it plowing forward each turn until it spits out its cargo of Angry Men In Armour. Considered putting it on the Dreadnought, decided that it wasn't nearly as useful on it.

In looking towards expanding to 2000, I'm thinking of sticking the two other tactical squads into Rhinos, and getting a pair of anti-vehicle predators. Feelings?

#6 ·
The heavy bolters in your Tactical Squads are kinda redundant in my opinion. Essentially your whole army is anti-infantry by virtue of their bolters. You're sorely lacking in anti-tank firepower for a 1.5K list. You have two missile launchers in Tactical Squads, and the Land Raider which is meant more for transport. I'd look at replacing the heavy bolters with lascannons. You're combat-squadding them anyway, so the five men plus las sit back and target vehicles while the other combat squad cruises up to flame. Then you have the plasma/missile squads to be more flexible in engaging any sort of target.

#8 ·
Leaving the Dreadnought with just a close combat weapon instead of a missile launcher will get you one of those lascannons. Ditching the LR's extra armor will get you the other. And in the case of the dreadnought, I think you're saving points AND making a sounder tactical decision.

#10 ·
The math of dropping the missile launcher and extra armour is pretty elegant; I think I'll be doing that. I dislike dropping the ML, though. One of the things I always considered a strength of the Dreadnought was being able to move and fire both heavy weapons; with only one heavy weapon, its less impressive in that regard.

Rustling up another 70 points for Rhinos for the other tactical squads would be difficult, and -would- require outright cutting the Dreadnought. I wouldn't go Razorbacks for them, as having 8 Combat Squads instead of 4 CS and 2 TS feels like I'm cutting my force up into too many penny packets. And I'm quite alright with the Razorbacks getting popped; it happens. They exist to get the CS into place, and maybe shoot once.

#11 · (Edited)
Well obviously Sokhar hasn't played my friend's 'Nids! Trust me, if you don't bring enough weapons or horde armies then you will die anyway with or without that Lascannon, but at least the heavy bolters can kill off things like, say GENESTEALERS! The same goes for your anti-tank weapons. ONE lascannon in a squad made possible by shifting your flexible missile launchers probably won't win your game for you.
Basically all that I am saying is that, though your missile launchers may not be the BEST anti-tank compared to a lascannon, throwing out the tactical flexibility of the frag missile and depending on mere bolters to keep swarms away doesn't seem like a great idea to me. And just think: if all you needed for swarms are bolters, then what's the point of your flamers?

(I hope that made sense!)

P.S. Sokhar, please don't take any offense at not playing dozens of games against 200-strong 1500 point 'Nid lists in my house!

Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it!

CHEERS!!!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

#12 ·
General Thaddeus:

I wouldn't say that I won't have any swarm capability: Between the two Razorbacks and the Land Raider I still have three heavy bolters, and the dreadnought is mounting an assault cannon. And my two line marine units still have their versatile missile launchers. Adding the two Lascannons just gives me the rounded nature of anti-tank, as well as anti-infantry.

And I would really, really love to play against a 200 model strong 'nid army at 1.5K; what's he got, nothing but termagents? Rapid Fire loves him in the face. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.