UltraMarines 1750 Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

UltraMarines 1750 Balanced

HQ~
    -Captain Cato Sicarius

-Chaplain Ortan Cassius

-Command Squad w/ razorback
    Champion
    Power fist
    Power Weapon
    Storm Shield

Troop~
    -10 man tac
    Missle Launcher
    Plasma Gun

-10 man tac
    Missle Launcher
    Plasma Gun

-10 man tac w/ razorback
    Heavy Bolter
    Flamer

-10 man tac w/ razorback
    Lascannon
    Meltagun

Fast Attack~
    -2 Landspeeders
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support~
    -Whirlwind

-Whirlwind

-Vindicator

This is meant to be a balanced, yet competative list. Very much a gun line with a few mobile elements in order to sieze/contest objectives across the board. I am leary of devoting over 300 points for two special characters. Does anyone have any good experiance with those two?

Let me know what you think!
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I think you are right about the 2 HQs. The chaplin is great for the points cost but suffers from not having a jump pack. Mechanising him in a squad makes up for it. I would drop Sicarius and use the points for a squad of termies or 2 cheap dreads. You then have to loose the command squad but could swap it for a 9 strong assault squad on foot in a rhino with the chaplin joining them.

The troops look good.

I think I would put MMs on the land speeders to boost your anti tank power.

Heavy support is fine.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking pretty good.
    HQ: Cassius is awesome, esp with feel no pain. I find he works well with sternguard as he can match their hellfire shots, and combi melta weapon. But I;d wonder where he'd fit in this army as he's mainly a CC character in my eyes, and with only 1 CC unit he's maybe not worth the points. Same with Sicarius. His fantastic sword is a great CC ability- but with only 1 CC squad they're gonna get isolated if you try and advance and can't get objectives anyhow. I agree with Mad Cat- I'd go with termies. Some elites would balance out this army more.

Troops: Good. Maybe a few power swords would be good. You could get those points by exchanging the razorbacks for rhinos- although thats a judgement call- I'm a tad dissolusioned with razorbacks with lascannoncs due to the ponts cost vs the very low armour Values.

Heavy support: excellent. Good way to use the vindicator would be to advance it alongside the razorbacks- it would easily clear a path to the objectives as nothing wants to be facing a demolisher cannon, esp with 3 twin linked lascannons alongside.

Generally seems pretty balanced (more so with some elites). Good luck with it.

Hope this helped a bit.
    SM: W/D/L 12/7/4 CSM: W/D/L 14/0/1
    Guard: W/D/L 10/2/3 Orks: W/D/L 5/0/1
    Nurlge Daemons W/D/L 4/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are right about the 2 HQs. The chaplin is great for the points cost but suffers from not having a jump pack. Mechanising him in a squad makes up for it. I would drop Sicarius and use the points for a squad of termies or 2 cheap dreads. You then have to loose the command squad but could swap it for a 9 strong assault squad on foot in a rhino with the chaplin joining them.
    I think mad cat is dead on.

You definitely seem to be lacking some closet combat punch. Adding a squad of termies and an assualt squad for Cassius to hop into would be great.
    Courage and Honour!
    - Battlecry of the Ultramarines

+ Reply to Thread