1k Sisters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k Sisters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Sisters

This is a list I have recently written up my old one up was killing space marines etc but my partner has Orks and I’m getting totally owned so I felt I needed to have a different list to fight him. This is my first post on here and I am relatively new to Warhammer itself and still havent got to grips with using faith points proparly.
    He is also new and i know he fields 2 units of 20 boys, 2 unit of 5 nobz, gazkull thraka, and 5 death copters split into two squads.
    My List

Canoness 130pts
    (Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspira, Jump Pack )
    10x Battle Sisters 157pts
    (1 Superior w/Power Weapon + BOSL, Flamer, Heavy Flamer )

10x Battle Sisters 157pts
    (1 Superior w/Power Weapon + BOSL, Flamer Heavy Flamer)

7x Seraphim Squad 204pts
    (1 Superior w/Brazier of Holy Fire, 2xInferno Pistols)

5x Retributor Squad 129pts
    (1 Superior, 4xHvy. Bolters)

1x Penitent Engine 80pts

1x Exorcist 145pts
    (Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter)

1002 Points 6 Faith Points

Any comments would be apreshiative.
    Units like seraphim and the retributors i dont have yet but what ever ends up in the list that I dont have, is what my partner will be buying me for xmas
    Thank you for your Help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not the best to give advice against orcs as my record against them isn't good.

Technical note. you cannot take a penitent engine unless you take a priest.

If you want you can take this unit instead of the seraphim

Celestian squad
    1-bolter
    1-bolter imagifier
    1-meltagun
    1-hvy flamer
    1 VSS bolt pistol, ccw book
    1 priest las pistol, eviserator power armor

202 pts

not as mobile but packs a nice punch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeh.. damn it lol u see i replaced a squad of repantia with a priest for the seraphim and retributor squads and didnt think about the fact i cant have Penitent without priest.

U know weird thing is ive played the list in a 4 way 2 against 2 capture markers its was necrons n Chaos Space marines vs me and my partner with space marines... well we won also one knowticed about the penitent...... lol

Seraphims did a lot of damage actually i kept canoness with them and i think she lived longer in that games than in anyother game ive played plus killing a lot on the way
    Last edited by Ulandra; December 3rd, 2008 at 21:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt most people are looking at all the small rules of your entire list while playing. Some would notice though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should use your old list. How about posting it up and I can try to give you some advice on taking down marines with what you have. : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

10x Battle Sisters with flamers need a transport to get them places so they can do their job. With small numbers and short range weapons these types of squads are awesome in rhinos, but completely fail at slogging.

Go with plasma pistols over power weapons. Sisters are much better at shooting than they are in close combat, so you point will do more damage from a range. Those plasma pistols always make their points back against marine sand the like, where power weapons rarely make their point back against anyone with only WS3 and S3.

If orcs really are your problem than maybe flame pistols on those seraphim might be better. That would give you 3 units with two flame templates to knock out their numbers. Evicerators work well on Seraphim superiors as they have higher weapon skill. It also allows the unit a good change to knock out a vehicle.

You have very few retributors, you need a couple redshirts to soak up wounds.

Of course, the penitent engine is illegal.

The exorcist doesn't need a storm bolter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need rhinos your inf are very suseptable to heavy fire.

+ Reply to Thread