Blood Angels: 1500 jumpers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angels: 1500 jumpers

I'm looking for a new army to build after I finish my present project and ran across Blood Angels. The question here, Is a pure jump pack army any good? What are the army or army types are they weak against? Anyway, here's what I've come up with.

HQ:250
    Chaplain w/ Jump Pack and Meltabombs

ELITES: 415
    5x Death Company w/ Jump Packs
    5x Veteran Assault Squad, 2x melta, PF

TROOPS: 835
    10x Assault Marines, PF
    10x Assault Marines, PF & Meltabombs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jump Armies can do fairly well Especially the Blood Angels. In my preference though your list lacks a little variation.

Two chaplains is kinda expensive, and not really needed. As wierd as it sounds take Lemartes. He's cheaper and better then the standard Chaplains and is really kind of a primo choice if taking a chaplain.

If you wanted a second HQ I'd suggest taking Corbulo to maximize your jump infantry. Giving them furious charge on the turn they assault would give them a major advantage.

Also if taking a chappy max his effectiveness with the Death Company. Take as many as you can, 10 might be too many in 1500 points. But 8 should be a solid number at your points level. Death Company are just an amazing and very powerful unit. They can take a lot of punishment. And that punishment will keep fire off your Assault troops and objective holders.

My main concern though is your lack of any ranged support. Baal Predators are amazing, and can provide decent long range support while your jump packs get close. I'd also drop the melta bombs and just stick with some power fists. With assaulting rear armor always the fist should be more then capable.

Perhaps taking a handful of attack bikes to fit the theme. With Multi-Melta's they are as mobile as the rest of your force and can provide very good ranged anti tank and anti MC fire power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings Brother Mesi, I am grateful for the time you sacrificed to peruse this list.

In the initial draft, Lemartes was part of the list. After checking the normal chaplain, they have the same point cost when I put a jump pack and a bomb on him. I'm still trying to figure what's better, +1W and the deathmask ability or the bomb.

I see your point and agree that the death company is wicked, I have added it to my notes when I revise/re-post the list. I am still waiting however, for more comments and critiques if any more of our battle brothers care to advise.

Doesn't really matter If I field 1 or 2 HQ, as long as they have a jump pack. I see your point with Corburo and I like his ability. Same thing with the wicked Baal predator and the meltabikes. But the question here is if a "pure" jump army is effective? So no tanks or anything else without a jump pack. Blame Boba Fett for this jump pack obsession.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Illiastre View Post
    I'm looking for a new army to build after I finish my present project and ran across Blood Angels. The question here, Is a pure jump pack army any good? What are the army or army types are they weak against? Anyway, here's what I've come up with.

HQ:250

ELITES: 415
    5x Death Company w/ Jump Packs

TROOPS: 835
    10x Assault Marines, PF
    Hi! I love playing Blood Angels and I play a jump-pack-heavy list too, but I back them up with some long range and anti-tank support. I put in a 10 man dev squad with 2 lascannons and 2 plasma cannons. I split them into 2 different squads. I run 2 attack bikes with multi-meltas and a baal predator.

For your list, if you want to keep all jump-pack models, here is what I suggest. Take Lemartes. Put a few flamers in there somewhere. The powerfists are great for taking out vehicles except for Land Raiders. Keep some melta in your army for land raiders!!

Corbulo is great, but he has no jump pack. To keep him up with the rest so his powers are useful, he needs to be in a rhino, which means putting him with a tac squad (or DC, or HG) in a rhino.

Play your list and see what you like. See where you struggle.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

+ Reply to Thread