Welcome to Librarium Online!
This is my second space wolf game and it was against a nidzilla army.
It was a very fun game and I barely won by a little over 100 points in a 1500 pts game.
My army was troop heavy with 3 squads of powerfisting grey hunters lead by wolf guards in terminator armor and 1 squad of powerfisting bloodclaws. My HQ consisted of a frostblade weilding runepriest and a Wolf guard battle leader in terminator armor with assault cannon and powerfist. My other members included a Venerable Dreadnaught with ass cannon and a Leman Russ Exterminator.
My opponent had a genestealer heavy army which consisted of 4 squads of upgraded genestealers, a sniperfex and a dakka flyant.
- His army looked more like a Space marine army than a tyranid army in terms of number of figures. He had almost all of the upgrades on his genestealers. I believed that his GS were about 30pts each.
- By the fourth turn it looked like I was about to massacre him as he only had about 4 GS figues, a sniperfex & the flyrant left on the table while I lost only 3 marines.
- My 3 casualties were all self inflicted as they were from clumsy plasma gun operators! Damn get hot rule!
- The 4 GS eventually got in cc and then proceeded to destroy my ven dreadnaught and 2 of them managed to destroy a squad of 8 grey hunters lead by a terminator armored wolf guard. We're still playing 4th edition and the SW codex does not have the They shall know no fear rule and was thus caught up in the sweeping advance when they broke.
- By the fifth turn the dice god really turned on me and I lost about half of my army. A squad of 10 bloodclaws lead by my runepriest could not even finish off the last GS who was in rapid fire range. He survived about 22 bolt pistol shots!
- The main problem was his flyrant which gave 12 strength 5 shoots every turn and was able to kill about 4-6 marines a turn. He would also stay out of charge range so that I was not able to powerfist him. The only shooting that I had was a lone assault cannon as the LMR exterminator was immobilize and in a position without a good field of fire.
The flyrant was also upgraded with warp field and I had no lascannon.
- I was left with only 6 models by the last turn and I was fortunately able to get 1 rending wound with the ass cannon on the Flyrant and thus bringing it down to half starting wounds which gave me the victory point to win the game.
Overall this was a very exciting game. There were times when I thought that he was going to loose the game by a massacre result and then there was a time near the end of the game in which I really believed that if he were to kill 1 more marine then he would win the game.
All comments, suggestions and critiques are welcomed (hopefully more so than my army list post, which was 0.).
Can the moderator please move this post to the space marines section instead of the army list. Sorry for the wrong posting.