1k Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Black Templars

Emporers Champion-Accept Any Challange,No Matter The Odds-140

Venerable Dreadnought-Heavy Flamer-Extra Armour-Tank Hunter-160

8 Initiates-1Bolter-6CCW-Power Weapon-4 Neophytes-CCW-Frag Greandes-190

8 Initiates-1Bolter-6CCW-Power Weapon-4 Neophytes-CCW-Frag Greandes-190

6 Initiates-5 Bolter-Lascannon-2 Neophytes-CCW-131

8 Initates-Jump Packs-Power Weapon-186

Any Feedback Welcome....

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salve Brother Templar, might I assist?

What is on the dreadnought besides the heavy flamer and ccw? You might want to consider ditching the 6 man initiate 2 neophyte squad in favour of putting a twin linked lascannon on the dreadnought to complement the tank hunter skill. The balance points left after this can be used to get two more men for the assault squad. Anything else left after this can be used to purchase meltaguns or powerfists for your crusader squads. Although a crusader seal or two in the right squad might come in handy. Always try to use up all your points up to 1000K, even a cheap grenade or a crusader seal or two is better than letting the 3 points go unused.

If I am guessing aright your initial strategy, your dreadnought would be better sitting down blasting foes from afar and defending your home objectives whilst your footsloggers and assault squad try to capture objectives.

Good hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list could definitely benefit from some Anti-Tank. The only Anti-Tank I see in your list is your Dread in CC and a single lascannon, a single tank could spell your doom. As Chapel said consider giving marines some Powerfists and your Dread TW-Lascannon; I would even say put a missile launcher instead of his DCCW to truly give yourself some ranged support unless you were dead-set on having him assaulting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dreadnought has a Assault Cannon. The smaller squad is there mainly to sit on a objective and give some fire support. I do normally give all squad sergents a power fist but with Black Templars not haveing squad sergeants its pretty pointless spending 25pts for 1 str8 attack. The main thing i was thinking could be changed is the assault squad i did orginally have Sword Brethren but im unsure what will work best. I did consider putting a Lascannon on the Dreadnought but a Assault Cannon has fairly good tank killing capability and is better against armies that dont use tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do normally give all squad sergents a power fist but with Black Templars not haveing squad sergeants its pretty pointless spending 25pts for 1 str8 attack.
    Good brother, I have some doubts about our codex. If I read my codex aright, on page 37 for the Crusader Squad troop entry, it says one brother initiate may carry a bolt pistol and powerfist for 15 pts. Is there perchance some FAQ update I may have missed? I have recently completed a comparitive study between 4 codex chapters (the new 5E Space Marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Black Templars) and it appears we have the cheapest powerfist cost among all marine brothers. If there is some new FAQ which has changed this, I would be right glad to know where to find it.

As for the 1 STR 8 attack, might one be mistaken? Our brother initiate armed with the powerfist has a minimum of two attacks, by virtue of his bolt pistol and powerfist counting as having 2 single handed weapons in close combat. This may be clarified by looking up page 37 of the 5E Rulebook titled "Number of Attacks". And please note if he charges into close combat, that equals to 3 STR 8 attacks to be resolved at initiative 1.

I did consider putting a Lascannon on the Dreadnought but a Assault Cannon has fairly good tank killing capability and is better against armies that dont use tanks.
    You are right about this. The Assault cannon is a fairly good all-rounder weapon. But I also note that only the dreadnought may wander about every turn and keep firing without amiss by virtue of his lascannon being twin-linked whereas the initiate toting the lascannon may miss thus wasting one precious shot at taking out a crucial target.

Your enemy is unlikely to sit still in one place and must needs take cover or shift his position to avoid incoming heavy fire. If it comes about as such, must you then also move your big gun to catch your opponent in the shooting match? Still, it is your game and if you want to play it as such, none may gainsay you. It is merely a different view of things after all.

The main thing i was thinking could be changed is the assault squad i did orginally have Sword Brethren but im unsure what will work best.
    I can only think of two good ways to use the Sword Brethren. One may be that you tool them up for close combat with the furious charge ability and accompany them with the Emperor's Champion. Then put them in a Rhino and charge the enemy lines. This unit is best equipped to take out enemy ICs and large units of troops. But I also note from your list that you have no wish to field any vehicle other than the dreadnought? If so the 2nd tactic may suit you better, which is for the sword brethren to perform an outflanking maneuver as in pages 75 and 94 of the 5E rulebook. This will allow them to undermine the hardened position of an enemy and create havoc behind enemy lines while pressing forward with your crusader squads.

The drawback of the Sword brethren is that they not as mobile as the assault initiates. There is actually a lot of ground to cover in a regular 6x4 table and there may not be enough units in a 1000 pts game to cover everything.

I wish you well in your endeavour. Good hunting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you are right about the Power Fist it is 15pts which is cheap but so far as i was aware you couldn't claim the extra ccw while useing powerfists anymore i dont have my rulebook to hand but im pretty sure its changed.

I do agree the Lascannon is 1 shot that can miss and knowing my rolls always will when i need it to hit, This squad is only in the army to sit on a objective so i can send the rest off knowing i have something still claiming for me. I may yet drop the lascannon alltogether and going for a multi-melta which will have the same disadvatages but the +1 to damage rolls will come in quite handy i think and i only lose 1 turn of shooting because i can advance the first turn to within 24". I just cant decide what to do

I did originally work the army out with a Vindicator with Power of the Machine Spirit. But i decided to go for more troops and paying 50pts for Accept Any Challange yet amazing and well worth it it is quite alot so i wanted to make the most of it.

I plan on testing this army out this weekend. I'll post some feedback of how i thought it played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you are right about the Power Fist it is 15pts which is cheap but so far as i was aware you couldn't claim the extra ccw while useing powerfists anymore i dont have my rulebook to hand but im pretty sure its changed.
    Aye, you were right about this after all! Thunderations! It says here on page 42 of the 5E rulebook that Powerfists, Thunderhammers and Lightning claws do not benefit from extra attack unless equipped in a pair (like lightning claws). I shall have to rethink my strategies involving these weapons then...

I plan on testing this army out this weekend. I'll post some feedback of how i thought it played.
    Yes please, I await your battle report with great interest!

+ Reply to Thread