1750 Tourney List needs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Tourney List needs help

So I have a list that is working pretty well for me so far. I have battled my buddy a few times and have always had some close matches. Total point value is 1747

Pedro Kantor

10 Sternguards

10 Tac Marines
    -Melta, Multimelta
    -Power Fist
    -Rhino

10 Tac Marines
    -Flamer, ML
    -Power Fist
    -Rhino

Assault Squad w/ Chaplain
    -Power Fist

5 Sniper Scouts with Telion
    Camo Cloaks

Techmarine
    Servo harness

5 Dev Squad
    2 lascannon
    2 ML

Like I said before the list has worked well for me in the past, what I am contemplating doing is dropping the Dev's and the Techmarine for 2 predators. I think that it will give me a slightly better balance, instead of a totally footslogging army.

Any help in balancing my list would be much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any particular reason for the Techmarine? From what i see all your have are 2 rhinos and they can bascially repair themselves. Definitely do what you said and get 2 preds, or maybe an attack bike squad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you're using your sternguard to their fullest potential. Their maxium effect is within rapid fire range. And giving them a transport, a drop pod would ensure that. Drop pods are my favorite personally as it protects them. Footslogging them really just leaves them cannon fodder imo.

The Tech Marine really does feel useless, unless you planned on taking one with a thunder fire cannon.

The Dev squad seems meh. Two preds would serve you well and could keep fire off your rhinos so they live longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, get rid of techmarine. And the preds would definately balance this list out a bit. Also, gotta agree with Mesi- you gotta have a transport for the sternguard- I'd also recommend the drop pod.

Your army seems to be trying to do everything at the same time, which is awesome, but that does mean it lacks in some areas. The Assault squad- I find these work better in about units of 10, although that does get expensive. For the same price as them and the chaplain, you could get a unit of CC terminators with Lightning claws maybe.. It would boost your CC a bit, but maybe hinder your manourvability a tad. Either way, good luck with it.
    SM: W/D/L 12/7/4 CSM: W/D/L 14/0/1
    Guard: W/D/L 10/2/3 Orks: W/D/L 5/0/1
    Nurlge Daemons W/D/L 4/1/0

+ Reply to Thread