2k Podding Tourney/fluffy list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

2k Podding Tourney/fluffy list

Okay, this list is basically a what I want to use in future tournaments and whatnot, I don't believe in changing my army to suit every person I play, I believe in using what you have consistently. Here goes =D

HQ-
    Space Marine Captain- Artificer Armor, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon (145)

Command Squad- (5) Apothecary, Standard Bearer, Champion, Two Veterans with Bolters
    (145)
    Role: To command the Army? I suppose it's just for fluff, but the Standard will stay close to the front, to basically hunt out the enemy HQ

TROOPS-
    Tactical Squad- (10) Missle Launcher, Plasma Gun, Power Fisted SGT. (205)
    Role: Flexible Squad

Tactical Squad- (10) Missle Launcher, Plasma Gun, Power Fisted SGT. (205)
    Role: Flexible Squad

Tactical Squad- (10) Multi-Melta, Melta Gun, Power Weapon and Melta Bomb'd SGT.
    (200)
    Role: Drop in next to heavy vehicles and pop em, then continue close firefighting

Elites-
    Sternguard Veterans- (10) 5 Storm Bolters, 5 Bolters
    (275)
    Role: Control hordes, and fill in the gap in the lines

Dreadnought- Heavy Flamer, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Twin-Linked Lascannon
    (145)
    Role: Drop in and deal with anything that might worry my tac squads

Dreadnought- Heavy Flamer, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Twin- Linked Autocannon
    (125)
    Role: Drop in near first Dreadnought and pick off offenders, and possibly close for assault

Fast Attack-
    Vanguard Veterans- (10) Power Fisted SGT, Squad Power Fist, and Squad Power weapon
    (275)
    Role: support command squad or dreadnaughts in assaults

Dedicated Transport-
    Drop Pod Fleet- 8 Drop Pods to Drop the Entire Army into Combat
    (280)

Total: 2000 Points

Tactics: Drop pod everything, bust up large tanks, monoliths, etc with Melta squad. Blast Hordes to peices with the Sternguards and Tac Squads, Hold the lines with the Dreadnoughts, or charge with them and the Vanguards- Pretty much deal with the enemy on the fly =/ ought to make for some good games i think =)

Thanks in advance =D

Last edited by DFA 2008; December 13th, 2008 at 22:14. Reason: Cyclops smilies where there should be (10)'s

I am that i am not.
    "You sick tentacle fetishist puppy." - Ironweevil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

okay...

Seriously? I mean, I know it wasn't like a week since I posted this, but c'mon, nothing? So it's either really really good, or really really bad =P lol

I am that i am not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

The only thing I'd change is to drop a dread and enough other wargear to make room for another tac. squad, only 3 in a 2000 point army seems a bit low to me, but that's just personal preference. Other than that, it looks pretty good
    The only constant in the universe is change, adapt or die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with black 8, 3 tacs seem a bit low for 2000 points. So maybe upgrade your captain to kantor so your sternguard will be scoring, to gain points for kantor drop the TL lascannon on your dreadnought, a multi melta for the dreadnought will be better when dropping, as you will be likely within 12" of a vehicle.. only the loss of twin-linked might be a bit worse, but still, you get another scoring unit and a orbital strike AND Inspiring. Might be nifty on those vanguards. and also giving sternguards basic 3 attacks. Sure a bit boring with another pedro kantor as everyomne else.. but he is just to good IMO. Maybe exchange TL autocannon to assault cannon, I just think it is better bet that is personal
    VISCUS EST PALLENS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

What kind of wargear should I drop?

Dropping a Dreadnought seems dangerous as the other will take a whole lot of fire, and in order to drop anything else, I would need to drop the Sternguards or the Vanguards, which would only buy me another tac squad and free up some points =/

I'm tempermentally opposed to Kantor, it's become entirely too cliche "kantor and 3 sternguard squads for the win!" It just kinda bothers me =/

I am gonna sit down and mull over the list tonight =)

Thanks =D

Oh btw, the TLLC Dread and the Autocannon Dread are kind of a rare sight to see in a drop pod army is why i chose them, their roles are pretty much to deal with things that other squads arent equipped for, or to be mobile snipers =/ i dont even figure them into my battle plans.
    Last edited by DFA 2008; December 16th, 2008 at 04:18.

I am that i am not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok lets make things a little more efficient.

Sternguard: remove the stormbolters. Dont use them if you dont plan on using there special weapons. Add as many combi-meltas to them as you can. 5pt combi meltas is great and makes this squad able to deal with vehicals.

Your dreads: You have them kitted out with short and long range weapons that really dont fit the drop pod theme nore do they really compliment each other. Use heavy flamers with Multimeltas. Go also with the assault cannon/heavy flamer setup as well. Personally i would upgrade them to Iron clads. These guys fit the "get up close" idea behind drop podding and they last a long time in combat. Go with the melta/hf seismic hammer setup. You will be suprised how awsome 13 armour is on a dread.

Vanguards: these are the guys i would switch out for another troop selection. Vanguards are really only worth taking if you can use there special assault move.These guys will be in a pod and wont be doing anything the turn they land.

I suggest taking the points you get from the vanguard and add a troop, upgrade your dreads to make them harder hitting and more survivable and add meltas to your sternguards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFA 2008 View Post

Elites-
    Sternguard Veterans- (10 ) 5 Storm Bolters, 5 Bolters
    (275)

A point to note is that the stormbolter cannot use the Special ammo. the special ammo replaces the 'boltgun profile' so I fully agree with switching the Storm bolters into combi Meltas or Flamers (since they are going to be on horde control.)
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity"
    (>'.' )> (^ '.' )> <( '.' )> <( '.' ^)<( '.'<)
    I have sadly passed that line o.0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a quick question tho, cuz at the place i play at if at the 1st turn there is nothing on the table, save the daemons, doesnt that mean u lost already? i notice that ur dropping in ur entire squad so what happens if u end up going second? i havent read up the rules exactly since im typing this at work but i dink ur army is void due to u not having any actual army on the battlefield at the start of 1st turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

just a quick question tho, cuz at the place i play at if at the 1st turn there is nothing on the table, save the daemons, doesnt that mean u lost already?
    there is no rule for that, someones pulling your strings. Think Dawn of War(deployment), you can choose to deploy UP TO 1 HQ, 2 Troops, but you dont have to do anything if u dont want. Same with drop pods, you don't loose by choosing to take all drop pods.

As for the list, I like it, but like everyone else has mentioned I would drop something to get another tactical squad. Consider dropping the drop pod off the Vanguard, and perform a Heroic Intervention instead. To make it easier, without scatter, get urself a locator beacon on 1 of the drop pods and just make sure u drop that specific pod where u want the Vanguard to come down.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

+ Reply to Thread