1500pts, standard marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1500pts, standard marines

Hi all, this is the list I'm looking at using. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, so I'd appreciate any comments.

Captain - power sword, plasma pistol, artificer armour 145 pts

Tactical squad - 10 men, flamer, missile launcher 170 pts

Tactical squad - 10 men, plasma gun, missile launcher 180 pts

Scout squad - 5 men, sniper rifles 75 pts

Terminator squad - 5 men, either cyclone missile launcher or assault cannon 230 pts

Sternguard squad - 5 men, power fist, combi-melta 155 pts

Fast Attack

Assault squad - 5 men, power sword, plasma pistol 130 pts

Bike squad - 3 bikes, 1 attack bike with multi-melta, melta gun, plasma gun 170 pts

Heavy Support

Predator - twin linked lascannon turret, heavy bolter sponsors 130 pts

Vindicator 115 pts

Total 1500 pts

I'm using the model with a power sword an plasma pistol from the old veterans mkII box as my commander, and my most common opponent is daemon hunters (shrouding ) and was consistently tying with my old list, which was essentially the same, but traded the commanders plasma pistol and the sternguard veterans for some various upgrades and a whirlwind, which I'm planning on including in a 2000 pt list. comments welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x1)

i'd go with the cyclone on your termis. much more versitile as a weapon than the ass. cannon

other than that, i think you need more bodies on the board, i'd find a way to increase the numbers on your assault squad...

9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: He is ok but not great for the points. Lightening claws would help or at least digi weapons. A cheap librarian might be better with gate of infinity & nullzone. The Psy hood helps to block about 40% of enemy powers. Cheap chaplin with jump pack could also make the assault marines shine.

Elites: Cyclone launcher for the terminators. Sternguard are ok but vulnerable especialy without a transport. Get them a razorback or drop pod.

Troops: All fine. I like the HB upgrade for the scouts and possibly camo cloaks for them.

Fast: Drop the bikes. Swap them for 2 attack bikes with MM and put the points into more assault marines. Drop the plasma pistol from the assault marine sarge for a PF or extra flamer in the unit.

Heavy: The preds weapons don't compliment eachother and in 5th edition this design can no longer move & fire all weapons. AC & 2 LC version is much better or swap for a dread if you want the TL LC. The vindicator is fine.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread