1500 Pure DH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Pure DH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

1500 Pure DH

Sorry about the typo in the title, I was meant to write 1000pts.

Well here's something I cooked up this morning while playing a friend.
    Iunno. It's fair troop heavy with little anti tank, but did the job well for me today.

This is basically an anti troop army.

HQ:

Grey Knight Grand Master
    -Icon of the Just, #Scourging, Psychic Hood
    -Retinue of 5 Terminators
    -Incinerator

ELITES:

Inquisitor
    -Power weapon, Bolt Pistol, #Scourging, Artificer Armour

TROOPS:

10x Grey Knights

10x Storm Troopers
    -Grenade Launcher

10x Storm Troopers

TOTAL 1002

For a thou points, that's a fair bit consideing the amount of GK included.

Last edited by Bloodhound; December 20th, 2008 at 00:08.

Also a member of NeoDestiny (Administrator under the same name.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Well, as you've noted, you have no ranged anti-tank to speak of. Assuming you want to stick with that, my next thought would be dropping some gear on your Inquisitor and GM to fill out the special weapons on your IST squads. You're missing out on the best aspect of ISTs right now, which is their high-strength low-ap weapon options. I'd say drop some combination of the Icon of the Just, the Scourging powers, or the Artificer Armor to get two plasma guns for the vanilla IST squad to start with, and either another set of plasmas, a second grenade launcher, or a set of dual melta guns for your first IST squad. You'll also need to drop the frag grenades from your GM, since he can't legally take them (they don't have an asterisk * next to them, which means he can't take 'em with his Terminator Armor). That way you at least have some ranged high-strength firepower to take out medium vehicles, and something to deal with elite infantry from range. Finally, the Incinerator on your Terminator squad is of questionable utility with no delivery system for the squad. You're probably better off with the stormbolter if you're foot-slogging the squad. If you really want a special weapon on there (and who wouldn't?), consider a psycannon. That'll give you another tool for light-to-medium vehicles as well as serving admirably against infantry.

Good luck =)

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Well, as you've noted, you have no ranged anti-tank to speak of. Assuming you want to stick with that, my next thought would be dropping some gear on your Inquisitor and GM to fill out the special weapons on your IST squads. You're missing out on the best aspect of ISTs right now, which is their high-strength low-ap weapon options. I'd say drop some combination of the Icon of the Just, the Scourging powers, or the Artificer Armor to get two plasma guns for the vanilla IST squad to start with, and either another set of plasmas, a second grenade launcher, or a set of dual melta guns for your first IST squad. You'll also need to drop the frag grenades from your GM, since he can't legally take them (they don't have an asterisk * next to them, which means he can't take 'em with his Terminator Armor). That way you at least have some ranged high-strength firepower to take out medium vehicles, and something to deal with elite infantry from range. Finally, the Incinerator on your Terminator squad is of questionable utility with no delivery system for the squad. You're probably better off with the stormbolter if you're foot-slogging the squad. If you really want a special weapon on there (and who wouldn't?), consider a psycannon. That'll give you another tool for light-to-medium vehicles as well as serving admirably against infantry.

Good luck =)

-H
    I have to agree with Hasten.
    Pyscannons are great for putting wounds on infantry. Don't forget they can move and fire full range, that way they might benefit from shrouding more seen as their the biggest threat.
    You really don't need scourging or icon of just. A pyscannon can be argued more powerful, and will be more effective since you can only cast one pyschic power a turn, the FW in CC couldn't be used. Icon of just is good but with the retinue rules BRB: Retinue, Your better off with just another GKT.
    A few other notes, It sais 1500 Pure, would you like advice to get those 500pts more spent well?
    Also 10 Grey Knight inc Justicar = 275pts
    I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

Yeah. Sorry. I edited the typos.

I was supposed to write 1000 but at the time, I was reading another list next to me which was 1500.

Also a member of NeoDestiny (Administrator under the same name.)

+ Reply to Thread