1500pts competitive could this work? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member image vertification sux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts competitive could this work?

Doctrine: Ratling, Cameoline, Iron Discipline, Rough Rider, Drop troops

Command Squad
    Junior Officer, Standard Bearer, Mortar, Cameoline, Iron Discipline and Medic

Ratling Squad ( 10 )

Infantry Command Squad 1 & 2
    Junior Officer, Standard Bearer, Mortar, Cameoline, Iron Discipline

Infantry Squad 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Cameoline, Plasmagun, Missile Launcher

Hellhound 1 & 2
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher

Rough Rider Squad ( 10 )
    Hunting Lances ( 10), Vet Sergeant, Horonifica Imperialis, Meltabomb, Frag Grenade, Iron Discipline

Demolisher 1 & 2
    Plasma Cannons, Hull Heavy Bolter, Extra Armour, Smoke Launcher

I wanted to know how viable this would be when the new Guard Codex comes out, I'm half way finished this :/. 1499pts

Didn't know what use instead of drop troops, maybe cyber enhancement for the horses?

I might write like a ork but i fight like a poet.
    Some one tell me they have ever seen a nightbringer die from a Nemesis Force Weapon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Only the HQ command squad can have a standard. I would use hull lascannons for your Demolishers, particular as you don't have any lascans elsewhere in your list. You can free up points by cheapening your Rough Rider Sargeant. RRs are strictly one-use units no matter how much wargear you give him. Speaking of whom, only officers can have Iron Discipline (and the Honorifica doesn't make him an officer; it only gives him the statline of an HSO).

And now the million-dollar question:
    I wanted to know how viable this would be when the new Guard Codex comes out
    Nobody on this forum will be able to answer that. The best we can do may be found in the Rumors section. I will say that no unit in your list is likely to become obsolete, and also that doctrines are probably going away entirely. Keep working on the list--it looks like a good one--but don't do any fancy conversions like cyber-enhanced cavalry.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

+ Reply to Thread