1500 PTs of Imperial Fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

1500 PTs of Imperial Fists

Hello everyone:

I've begun developing a fluff-based list centered around Lysander and his destruction of the Iron Warriors planet after his return to the Imperial Fists. Mostly, the list focuses on the necessary requirements to bust open an Iron Warriors stronghold, and then take it by force (seiging units, basically). The list is also inspired by the book Storm Of Iron, and some of the fighting that happened in that book.

The goal of the list is not to win at any cost; but to have a fun, fluffy & challenging list to play both with and against.

The list seems to have a very heavy mechanical component to it, which is unintentional, but seems pretty interesting to me, and seems to fit the fluff of the seige.

Any and all comments are appreciated. So, without further ado:

HQ
    Lysander - 200
    Well... he's sort of the keystone of the list, so you have to have him.

ELITE
    Assault Terminator Squad - 200
    5-man squad with TH/SS
    Lysander's bodyguard. I have been toying with the idea of running a LR Redeemer in the list, and dropping some of the heavy support out, but this unit seems to take so much punishment/shooting from the rest of the army that I keep walking them (perhaps to my better judgement).

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad 1 - 255
    10-man squad with Lascannon/Flamer & Serg with PF/Combi-Melta
    HB Razorback Transport

Tactical Squad 2 - 255
    HB Razorback Transport

Tactical Squad 3 - 255
    HB Razorback Transport
    I typically Combat Squad them (unless a KP mission), and let the longer range guys do their stuff, while the shorter range squads catch a ride and get into position. I find 3 to be the minimum number of squads that I'm comfortable with.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Vindicator - 125
    Seige Shield

Vindicator - 125
    Seige Shield
    These tend to work better in pairs, and will be used to punch a hole in the enemies defenses.

Whirlwind - 85
    I think this can be seen as long-range bombardment, that keeps the heads of the enemies down, while everyone else advances.

TOTAL: 1500

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first comment would be that in my reading the transport capacity on a Razorback is 6. You'd have to go with a Rhino with a squad larger than that. That aside I think you have a solid list.
    I LOVE the smell of promethium in the morning!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The 5th edition rules allow larger sqiuads to take razorbacks as dedicated transports. Y'he Sha'is can combat squad the units or leep the 10 man squads together and run the transports empty. For the cost empty razorbacks are very good value. Once the squad takes 4 casualties you can jump back in.

I like the list but I think I would try to get 3 vindicators by droopping siege shields and a combiweapon. Also the terminators should get 2 lightening claw guys in there.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Thanks so much for the advice!

That's exactly how I use the razorbacks Mad Cat, but monkeigh sama does raise a good point about capacity, especially in KP missions. In missions that don't have KPs, I usually break each tactical squad into 2 combat squads, and the PF/CM & Flamer go for a ride in the Razorback while the Lascannon squad sits back and softens important targets. The HBs really help give a little extra punishment when I need to get out and shoot with the PF squad. However, in KP missions, I find that I wish I had rhinos for the extra capacity when I need to move stuff around. I leave the squads together completely, and I tend to sit back and shoot more in KP missions, and make the enemy come to me. Therefore, I hardly ever lose 4 guys (it's usually all or nothing), so the razorback is a bit wasted in these missions (but the HB still helps thin out enemies).

I've gone back and forth on the tri-vindi list for a long time now. I like the idea, but I also like the idea of long range artillary support in the form of the whirlwind. Do you think 3 vindis would be considered "cheesy"? I only ask because most of my games are relatively friendly (competative, but friendly), and I want to stay into a list that is fun to play against as well.

As a note, I usually play against Marines, Chaos Marines, Tau, Tryanids and Orks, so I don't want to specialize against any one particular enemy (instead staying take all comers with a thematic element), but I do want to specialize in fortification busting, if that makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread