2000pts space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

2000pts space marines

Simple, short, and to the point, Experience has found it to be lethal

HQ
    1 Pedro Kantor - 175pts
    -175pts-

Troops
    5 scouts with snipers - 75pts
    5 scouts with snipers - 75pts
    -150pts-

Elites
    10 sternguard veterans with 2 plasma guns - 270pts
    -810pts-

Heavy Support
    1 land raider extra armour - 265pts
    1 land raider redeemer seargant chronus, multi melta - 320pts
    1 land raider crusader extra armour, multi melta - 275pts
    -865pts-

total -2000pts-

this is my brothers army =P

and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does He face against mostly?

Because I can see only 5 weapons that can deal with AR 13+ and 3 of them are short range and a few lucky shots will remove 4 of them. I feel that it will struggle against a mech heavy army, of course their infantry will go splat but it will have issues with MBTs and monoliths. It looks mean and fun but could have issues.

My
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity"
    (>'.' )> (^ '.' )> <( '.' )> <( '.' ^)<( '.'<)
    I have sadly passed that line o.0?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Lethal to whom?

I see one model that won't be completely sucking in melee, everything else will get stomped by 5x marines with a PF and god help him if you're actually packing some capable melee units because the game is pretty much over. Basically the list is 3 land raiders. Break out some fast-moving meltas and pop the raiders, then steamroll the infantry with some random PF toting units, game over.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd put chronos in the basic LR for his increased BS, as it won't get used with the redeemer flamers. I would add power fists in for certain to each sternguard squad. They have a sweet 3 attacks each if Pedro's nearby, so i'd pack the LRC and redeemer pretty tightly.

I imagine a LOT of difficulty vs fast moving meltas and railguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

it actually works (a bit)

yeah he only made the army because he thought three land raiders would be totally sweet even if they did get owned rather badly and he just loves sternguards with all their different ammunition types and one squad could kill a carnifex per turn.
    zoom a land raider redeemer in, cook a few nids, jump out and shoot the hell out of them. seems to have worked so far.

It's also damn scary when they're running riot and you're trying to stop them all

He normally plays against nids
    The rep button is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Nids explains alot, one of the few armies that could certainly have trouble with this. I guess your average opponent does dictate alot about your build. I only see the sternguard dropping fexes or tyrants if you aren't springing for the 2+ armor, good investment against this list.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

a single sternguard squad from 24" would have a 2/3 chance of stripping a wound of a T7 sv2+ Fex just using plasma guns, also he's a big fan of carnifexes, but points limits means that two of them have T6 and a 3+ sv, also thanks to hellfire rounds always wounding on 2+ they can blow away any troops in his army and his 5 man warrior brood with ease. they would average scoring another wound from 24" using their hellfire rounds on a carnifex, as for the T6 sv3+ Carnifexes the plasma guns would almost certainly inflict a wound, and hellfire rounds would probably strip two off him. Considering that this army has 3 Squads of veterans and that within 18" they could advance and rapid fire, or dismount from a land raider of a varous kind and rapid fire, doubling their casualties, and thanks to the power of the machine spirit and the multi meltas it can score a surprisingly large amount of wounds in the hides of his monstrous creatures, and the hurricane bolters, twin linked assault cannons and flamestorm cannons can ahnilate all his gaunts etc. I stick Chronus in the Land raider Redeemer because it confers to it the ability to rage 12" forward and let loose all hell amongst his army with 2 flamestorm cannons even if it was stunned last turn.
    The rep button is good

+ Reply to Thread