1500 Points Iron Tigers for local Games Night - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

1500 Points Iron Tigers (Vanilla Marines) for local Games Night

Hi guys, I'd be grateful for any feedback on what I've got on the table for tomorrow night:

HQ
    Space Marine Captain w/ combi melta, lightning claw, artificer armour and digital weapons
    150 points

Chaplain with Jump Pack
    115 pts

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad (10 marines) with Power Fist, missile launcher and flamer.
    195 points

Scout Squad (10 scouts) with Heavy Bolter, Power Fist and Melta Bombs
    180 pts

ELITES
    Terminator Squad with Assault Cannon
    230 pts

FAST ATTACK
    Assault Marines (10 marines) with plasma pistol, power weapon and melta bombs
    225 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Land Raider with storm bolter
    260 pts

Vindicator with dozer blade and storm bolter
    130 pts

Army Total: 1484 pts

And here are my tactics:

Split Squads into Combat Squads. Hold the line with missile from Tactical Squad Alpha and Heavy Bolter of Scout Squad Delta. Advance with Combat Squads and Terminators in Land Raider. Assault Squad and Chaplain to attack the nearest enemy squad and work way through infantry. Terminators will assault heavy infantry/enemy HQ models. Vindicator will target large formations and vehicles, Land Raider to do similar. Support squads can move up if required to capture objectives, whilst holding home objective.I have found in the past I am getting murdered in CC, hence why I've gone with the assault squad and chaplain....thanks in advance for any help :-)

Last edited by GLD1; December 29th, 2008 at 21:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Free up some points and give the tactical squad a Rhino. You may want to consider dropping the Captain all together and getting a third troops choice, possibly a CC scout squad that can try to flank. Give the vet. a combi-melta and Pfist and you've got a squad that makes many enemies think twice about advancing.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Digiweapons are not needed when you have a lightening claw as you cannot reroll a reroll. Move digiweapons onto the chaplin. I would be tempted to drop the Captain as he isn't needed. For 50 more points you could get 5 lightening claw assault terminators and I know which is better in combat.

Troops: A bit light on troops. 2 HQs and a land raider in a 1500 point list is the reason. Drop one of those extravagencies for another tac squad. If the scouts are being used as a cheap assault squad with bp/CCW then drop the HB. also the MB isn't needed when you have a PF.

Elites: OK. These don't need to go in the LR as you waste all their firepower. If you want termies in a LR then get L-Claws and THs.

Fast: Good. Perhapse a flamer rather than a plasma pistol. Drop PW & MB for a PF.

Heavy: I prefer a MM pintel mount than a storm bolter, especially as they cost the same. Two preds armed with AC+2LC make a better firesupport option than a LR. If used as a battle taxi then the LRR is better. The vindicator should drop the storm bolter.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Thanks for all the advice...It's a little late at the moment to go changing it all but I shall definitely bear in mind ready for next week. I was thinking of getting a redeemer/crusader...so I guess for a battle taxi I shall drop the normal Land Raider and go for maybe a redeemer - I like the Crusader but don't feel it would pack enough punch with the hurricane bolters.

I had my assault sergeant tool up with a power weapon and BP for the extra attack - I'm somewhat paranoid about not getting enough in, especially against Orks and Nids...Although I realise they lack a certain anti armour quality against the heavier tanks.

I'm liking the idea of assault termies as well instead of a Captain...mmm options lol - I'm going to have to start playing some 2500 points games I think - just to use everything I have at the moment :p

I was planning to split the scouts and tactical squads into combat squads and go rampaging with them, kinda...we shall see - I shall post the results later on haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Oops double post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Well mixed bag...

Ended up in a 2v2 paired with nids versus tau and necrons. We got whupped, as the two monoliths ran all over us, and the Crisis suits made short work of the Nids.

I was impressed with my scouts...outflanked them for this first time and they did really well, didn't die straight away and actually took down a necron squad. Also didn't really get to use my assault squad in all its devastating glory as they got entangled in an assault with two necron lords, some wraiths and a 'fex.

My Land Raider was the only thing that would have smashed the two monoliths we were up against, but alas I managed to miss with two lascannon shots, twice! It then got promptly blown apart by a Tau tank thingy...Never mind.

Alas still searching for that first win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Swap the LR for 2 predators or dreadnoughts. i always find a drop poding drednought very usefull, the deathwing launcher can kill like half a squad of eldar troops in 1 shooting phase or like 3 space marines. and well defended land speeders can dish out some serious damage.

Played a game today, lost by 1 of there troops holding an objective, whiped out most of a squad of banshees with my land speeder(the other one deep striked into my dreadnought and was destroyed)

The star of the match was the deathwind launcher.

+ Reply to Thread