is this list cheese? (1500pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this list cheese? (1500pts)

i just played a game against this list with my dark eldar, and it was basicly over by turn 2. ****ing powergamer too. i found this list to be just too full on. would you's clasify it as cheese? or is this just normal sisters?

HQ: 235 Canoness w/ Litanies of Faith, Eviscerator, plasma pistol
    Retinue: Celestians w/ Combi-melta, Heavy Flamer, meltagun, Immolator w/ Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers

Troops One: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight

Troops Two: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight

Troops Three: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight

Troops Four: 183 Veteran Superior w/ BoSL, two Meltaguns, rhino, extra armor, spotlight

Heavy Support One: 135 Exorcist

Heavy Support Two: 135 Exorcist

Fast Attack One: 171 Veteran Superior w/ Book of Saint Lucius, combi-melta, Dominions w/ 4 flamers, Immolator w/ Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor

Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Not really, the HQ and fast attack choices are weak in my opinion to seraphim and jump pack cannoness, and to be "cheese" (I hate that word) he would probably need 3 exorcists. Its a good list but it's not exactly what a powergamer would bring to the table.

It's mostly just a matter that sisters of battle tend to perform better than most against dark eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would just take out the exorcists and then use your high speed with your transports to avoid any combats. Then just keep tagging him from distance. Jump in to contest and claim one objective late game.

This is a fairly standard list I believe. A lot of people I have seen like to take the seraphim for FA and rarely have I seen that many combi weapons, though it does give more flexibility for the squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

as Gauss Storm said, it's not really an unreasonable looking list.
    He could easily have thrown in tank-hunting or infantry hunting Seraphim, and a Jumpy cannoness with Blessed Weapon and 2++ saves of DOOM!!! rather than the HQ retinue and Dominion squad.

the Combi-meltas I find interestign though....

actually, at closer look,
    the costs seem a bit low, on the Sob squads. don't have a 'dex in front of me, but I'd peg the Hflamer/flamer squads with a combi at around 212 or so. I don't remember the costs on combi weapons.

the double melta list looks about 20pts shy as well.

You might sit down with Army Builder and take a look at what the list was point wise. I'm thinking you might have been facing around 1550pts of SoB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatwitch View Post
    i just played a game against this list with my dark eldar, and it was basicly over by turn 2. ****ing powergamer too. i found this list to be just too full on. would you's clasify it as cheese? or is this just normal sisters?

HQ: 235 Canoness w/ Litanies of Faith, Eviscerator, plasma pistol
    Retinue: Celestians w/ Combi-melta, Heavy Flamer, meltagun, Immolator w/ Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers - wow, just wow. this unit costs 265, thats 30 points.

Troops One: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight This unit would cost 218.

Troops Two: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight This unit would cost 218.

Troops Three: 207 Veteran Superior w/ combi-melta Book of Saint Lucius, Heavy Flamer, flamer, rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight This unit would cost 218.

Troops Four: 183 Veteran Superior w/ BoSL, two Meltaguns, rhino, extra armor, spotlight
    This unit would cost 205.

Heavy Support One: 135 Exorcist - Correct

Heavy Support Two: 135 Exorcist - Correct

Fast Attack One: 171 Veteran Superior w/ Book of Saint Lucius, combi-melta, Dominions w/ 4 flamers, Immolator w/ Heavy Flamer, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor
    This squad may not have both the veteran superior model AND the immolator, but this squad without the immolator costs 180 pts WITH the immo it would cost 245
    Please note that every squad is full. so if he had only 5 dominions + vet instead of the 9+vet then the cost would offcourse go down. the troop choices however came maxed out in army builder.

My source is the army builder program, I do not have the codex at hand since its my friend who plays this army.

So thats about 100-165 pts more than his list stated. hmm

For the record, army builder lists the total at 1574 pts. - so that means that farmpunk was almost dead on on every point value and all that without a codex or the armybuilder

Cheers.

ps. please note the fact that I used armybuilder again I do not stand behind the point costs without having the codex around, but armybuilder has been sound on points for the armies I do play
    Last edited by Valthonis; December 31st, 2008 at 17:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Valthonis View Post
    - so that means that farmpunk was almost dead on on every point value and all that without a codex or the armybuilder

Cheers.

ps. please note the fact that I used armybuilder again I do not stand behind the point costs without having the codex around, but armybuilder has been sound on points for the armies I do play

heh. knowing point values comes down to playing the army for 2+ years, and mulling over my lists too much. I know roughly my typical squad pt values. Hflamer/flamer 202... Hflamer melta 207, dual melta 205
    playing SoB's, you don't get a lot of variation or options in your squads. but I knew I was lowballing the pts a bit.

I use armybuilder 2c, and find the point values for SoB's to be accurate. I trust your totals. You do confirm that the list might not be so much CHEESY, as it is CHEATY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newsun View Post
    I would just take out the exorcists and then use your high speed with your transports to avoid any combats. Then just keep tagging him from distance. Jump in to contest and claim one objective late game.

This is a fairly standard list I believe. A lot of people I have seen like to take the seraphim for FA and rarely have I seen that many combi weapons, though it does give more flexibility for the squads.

yes, that was my original plan, but he managed to get first turn and shoot down 2 raiders on turn 1, turn 2 i moved another 2 raiders 24" towards the exorcists, which got shot down in the next shooting phase. lol, like 3 pens and 1 glance. straight after that the troops moved in and jumped out of the rhinos and flamed/rapid fired them to death.

lol well it makes me feel a LOT better about loosing so bad knowing he was 150+pts over me! i could of taken another raider squad for that much! thanx for the insite guys!!

lol i acculy started to concide starting up a sisters army today! i also play deamonhunters, so i should be able to use the 2 armies togeter. oh and a quick question, can i legaly use deamonhunters, witchhuntes, AND a deathwatch kill team? the list i'm thinking of makeing is based on background/fluff from Dann Abnet's book Eisenhorn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatwitch View Post
    oh and a quick question, can i legaly use deamonhunters, witchhuntes, AND a deathwatch kill team? the list i'm thinking of makeing is based on background/fluff from Dann Abnet's book Eisenhorn
    You sure can use them all together. Take either DH or WH as the parent list, then ally in the other two. I don't remember where the allies rules are in the DH book, but they should be around page 25 or 26 in the WH codex.

the fine gentlemen of the DH forum compiled this handy FAQ:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...onhunters.html

cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just saw this guy playing again and went over his army list!!! he's 163pts over a 1750pt game

320 by my count
    HQ: 300 Canoness Galatea w/ Litanies of Faith, Blessed Weapon, Inferno pistol, Meltabomb
    Retinue: Celestian Superior Mariko w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Eviscerator, two meltaguns, Immolator w/ Heavy Flamer,, Blessed Promethium, Smoke Launchers

214 by my count
    Troops One: 207 Veteran Sister Veronika w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Rhino, Extra Armor, spotlight

214 by my count
    Troops Two: 207 Veteran Sister Katsuki w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Rhino, Extra Armor, Spotlight

214 by my count
    Troops Three: 207 Veteran Sister Mina w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Rhino, Extra Armor, Spotlight

215 by my count
    Troops Four: 214 Veteran Sister Patricia w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, two Meltaguns, Rhino, Extra Armor, Spotlight

218 by my count
    Troops Five: 207 Veteran Sister Claire w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Combi-Melta, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Rhino, Extra Armor, Spotlight

Heavy Support One: 135 Exorcist

Heavy Support Two: 135 Exorcist

248 by my count
    Fast Attack One: 226 Veteran Sister Elizabeth w/ Book of Saint Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, Dominions w/ 2 flamers, 2 Meltagun, Rhino, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

You should be able to ruin his day with a DE force. THEN call him out on being over points.

I'd got with 3 Ravagers w/3plasma cannon thingys

a few raiders of wytches

a few raiders with Dark Lance warriors

and a raider with a pimped out 2++ save archon

don't forget the horrorfexes either.

You'll be able to out long range him, pop his transports and exorcists, then out CC him.

Dark eldar in the hands of an experienced player make me scared.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast