1500 doubles Guard and Eldar allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

1500 doubles Guard and Eldar allies

this is an army for a doubles tournament, it is 1500 pts and I am going to join up with my friend who plays eldar, we plan on using the Doom eldar ability mercilessly(allows re rolls to wound against targetted squad) and he will provide a good deal of close combat and shooting.

my job is to take objectives, and hits for his army, while dishing out plenty of damage of my own.

Docterines
    -Iron Disipline

-Conscripts
    -Drop troops
    -Close Order Drill

1500 pts.

HQ
    HSO(powerfist, plasma pistol, carapace armor)
    Medic(bolt pistol/ccw)
    Flag bearer(bolt pistol/ccw)
    2x melta guns
    Iron Disipline
    Total-154

Mortar team-80

Troops

Infantry platoon I

Junior officer(pwr wpn, bolt pistol)
    2x flamers
    Total-58(Drop?)

squad 1- autocannon and plasmagun

squad 2-flamer

squad 3-grenade launcher

platoon total-277

Conscriptsx30-120

Infantry platoon II

Junior officer(pwr wpn, storm bolter)
    2x grenade launcher
    2x shotgun/ccw & laspistol
    -Iron Disipline
    total-71

squad 1-autocannon and plasmagun

squad 2-flamer

squad 3-grenade launcher

Platoon total-290

Fast Attack

Hellhound(heavy stubber)-127

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Demolisher(2x plasma cannon sponsons, hull heavy bolter)
    Total-175

Leman Russ(hull heavy bolter)
    Total-145

Total-1500

with 91 men, 2 heavy tanks, and 2 medium tanks

i'm a little worried that I might not have enough men, my ally only has 2 bike squads as his troops, each has 3 bikes + a special leader on each one(farseer on one and i think a warlock on the other)

my opponent will be fielding firepower, i will be fielding me to take hits, and objective takers......do I have enough men?

should I drop the hellhounds? or maybe 1? for more men?

any opinions are greatly appreciated, I will be playtesting the army with my ally 1/18/09 and the tournament will be 1/24/09

Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

any comments positive or negative are welcomed..........

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

DDD, the list looks pretty solid to me. You don't have much high AP weaponry but you have enough template weapons to bring down high save models with sheer weight of fire. The main concern I'd address for this list is heavy armor. You don't have enough high strength weaponry to bring down AV 13 and 14 tanks. I think armor would be the real challenge for this list. I have been playing a demonhunter friend for three games and have not managed to bring down his landraider crusader a single time with the combined might of 6 lascannons, two standard russes, a demosher, and sundry missle launchers. The twin linked multimelta is just too dangerous to ignore. If your buddy is bringing stuff to pop tanks then I wouldn't worry too much. If he isn't then I would at least make the second platoon hq take meltas instead of grenade launchers. I think you have enough anti troop firepower already.

Hope this helps.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

It is hard to judge half a list, but what you have looks solid. you'd be lacking anti-tank if you were solo.

Squads 2 and 3 of each platoon are your drop elements for landing on objectives, eh?

If you could find points for Comms to manipulate your reserves rolls, you'd gain a bit of survivability for the droppers.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

thank you very much(i was worried no one would post)

my ally will be fielding 2-3 fireprisms(ordinance blast, str 6, small blast str 9) as well as a squad of shining spears(str 9 on the charge i think) and he will also have a squad of firedragons in a waveserphent to deal with the really tough enemy vehicles(basically a 10 man squad all armed with melta guns in a skimmer.)

but I dont face that much armor usually tho, I know a friend of mine who plays orks has a lot of vehicles(but ork vehicles are rather weak)

the odd landraider or monolith, we can deal with, the biggest problem is enemy terminators..... but im hoping that my demolisher(and my teammate's fireprisms can deal with them.)
    '

my biggest question to you is do I have enough men? should I drop a hellhound in favor of 2 squads(with flamers or grenade launchers)? or should i drop one for a basalisk?

I wish there was a way I could squeeze a few points to get a lascannon on my russ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

I think you have enough men. There's a lot of troops on the field for taking objectives. If you want the lascannon perhaps you could drop your autocannons from the squad. You'll never get more than three rounds of shooting for each and if you dropped both you could get a lascannon and improved comms which could help a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I played a game against 2 other people from the store, and it was a immense victory(I only lost around 15-20 men, and demolisher lost it's turret) before that game, I slightly changed my list.

Docterines
    -Iron Disipline
    -Conscripts
    -Drop troops
    -Close Order Drill
    -Ratlings

1500 pts.

HQ
    HSO(powerfist, plasma pistol, carapace armor)
    Medic(bolt pistol/ccw)
    Flag bearer(bolt pistol/ccw)
    1x melta guns
    Iron Disipline
    Total-144

Mortar team-80

Elites
    Ratlingsx3-33

Troops

Infantry platoon I

Junior officer(pwr wpn, bolt pistol)
    2x flamers
    Total-58(Drop?)

squad 1- autocannon and plasmagun

squad 2-flamer

squad 3-grenade launcher

platoon total-277

Conscriptsx30-120

Infantry platoon II

Junior officer(pwr wpn, storm bolter)
    2x grenade launcher
    2x shotgun/ccw & laspistol
    -Iron Disipline
    total-71

squad 1-autocannon and plasmagun

squad 2-flamer

squad 3-grenade launcher

Platoon total-290

Fast Attack

Hellhound(heavy stubber,searchlight)-128

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Demolisher(2x plasma cannon sponsons, hull heavy bolter, searchlight)
    Total-176

Basalisk(indirect fire)-125

Total-1500
    Last edited by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka; January 22nd, 2009 at 12:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

..........so you're all in agreement that my list is absolutely flawless...................all 100 of you.....

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka View Post
    ..........so you're all in agreement that my list is absolutely flawless...................all 100 of you.....
    Obviously! You already reported an immense victory!

In all seriousness though, the list is efficient and any changes would be personal preference.

I don't like the cost on Demos, but YMMV.
    3 Ratlings? Did they do anything useful for their Killpoint liability?

My only other suggestion stands, which is adding Improved Comms to be able to reroll deep strikers. I try to push a few troops choices back into as late a turn as possible for the late land grab.

Got a Batrep?
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what happened during the game? Were your opponents bringing much armor? Were you feeling like you had a balance of troops and anti-tank ability when playing with your friend? If you need more men, sack the mortars and add 20 conscripts. If you need more anti-tank, sack the mortars and rats (I never field them in such small squads, waste of points to me) and add an infantry squad with a lascannon. Need a little of both anti-infantry/tank, sack the mortars for a squad with a missile launcher. Alternatively, sack the rats and mortars for 9 grenadiers with 2 plasmas/meltas. Or, deepstrike some vets with 3 meltas and give the sarge a meltabomb for 80 points and keep the rats but loose the mortars.

Hope that made sense!

-GT
    On Warseer: Iracundus: "So you might end up with "renegade" Chapters, but more split due to ideology rather than because the big bogeyman of Chaos suddenly makes them all cackling mustache twirling villains."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast