2250 Tourney White Scars List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

2250 Tourney White Scars List

I'm new to the marines, and this will be my first tournament using them. Instead of loading up on bikes, I was interested in taking advantage of the outflanking rule that Khan gives your army. I also added a unit or two just for claiming objectives, since the store the tournament is at usually favors the objective based missions.

HQ

Khan w/Moondraken (attached to unit of bikes, and outflanking)

TROOP

10 Tac Marines w/powerfist, meltagun, multi-melta, rhino (outflanking)

10 Tac Marines w/powerfist, meltagun, multi-melta, rhino (outflanking)

5 Space Marine bikes w/2 meltaguns, power weapon (outflanking)

10 Tac Marines w/power weapon, plasmagun, multi-melta, drop pod (deep striking)

10 Scouts w/Sniper rifles, power weapon

9 Scouts w/combat blades, power weapon (outflanking)

FAST

9 Assault Marines w/flamer, powerfist (outflanking)

9 Assault Marines w/flamer, powerfist (outflanking)

HEAVY

10 Devastator Marines w/4 Plasma Cannons

10 Devastator Marines w/4 Missile Launchers

How's it look?

Last edited by mynameisgrax; January 20th, 2009 at 05:33. Reason: Changed the list
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

looks ok, could you explain this outflanking rule,

id say you need at least one tank, maybe a predator varient, possibly vary the heavy weapons in your tac squads, the multimeltas are only good upto 18 or so inches, i would sit with a lascannon or plasma cannon just outta range an splat you lol, take a lcannon, one multim (front of the line or in dense terrain), and a missle launcher and sit that on your objective if u got one.

one other thing why do you have only 9 marines per assault squad, the sarge is the best part and hes the only dude that can carry a fist lol

hope that helped
    Hellblade

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by hellblade View Post
    hi

looks ok, could you explain this outflanking rule,

id say you need at least one tank, maybe a predator varient, possibly vary the heavy weapons in your tac squads, the multimeltas are only good upto 18 or so inches, i would sit with a lascannon or plasma cannon just outta range an splat you lol, take a lcannon, one multim (front of the line or in dense terrain), and a missle launcher and sit that on your objective if u got one.

one other thing why do you have only 9 marines per assault squad, the sarge is the best part and hes the only dude that can carry a fist lol

hope that helped
    Hellblade
    The assault marines don't need a 10th person. The sgt comes with the unit, and it's actually impossible to take the unit without him. The only thing a 10th person in the unit would do would be to allow me to take a 2nd flamer, which isn't a bad idea, but 28 more points per unit. I'd need to cut something else.

I'll have to think about varying up the weapons in the tac squads. I'm not sure yet.

Outflanking can be done by any unit with that rule, the 'infiltrate' rule, or the 'scouts' rule. You hold the unit in reserve, and when they come into the game, you roll a d6. On a 1-2 they come in from the left short table edge, and 3-4 they come in from the right short table edge (it might be left/right the other way around, but you get what I mean), and on a 5-6 you get to choose which short edge you use. It's a great way to sneak up the field and behind enemy lines, especially if they're a gunline, or have special characters they're trying to protect.

Obviously, it's no good for getting into the middle of the battlefield, but it's a lot less risky than deepstriking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Ch-ch-changes

After doing a little experimenting, I think I'm going to go with another dev team, with missiles, rather than the thunderfire cannon and vindicator. There isn't enough armor on the field for either to last long, and the missile launchers are a very versatile gun.

How's it look?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It looks Good. I would change the ML devastators for 3 attack bikes with MMs. They are more deadly and far more manouverable than devastators. You could add another to the Troop choice bike squad too.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

True, but...

Not a bad idea, but there are two reasons I'm not, the second far more pressing than the first:

1. I don't want to spam bikes. Bikes work very well against armor and elite troops, but they're not very good against horde. Missile Launchers can deal with either, which is why I like them.

2. I...don't have any more bikes. Oh well.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; January 20th, 2009 at 17:11. Reason: made a mistake

+ Reply to Thread