Librarium Online Forums banner

SM 1500 Troop Heavy

333 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  monkeigh sama 
#1 ·
I am fairly new to Warhammer 40k, i compiled this list since i have almost all the units already.

HQ
Librarin
Terminator armour with storm bolter

Elites
dreanaught
multi-melta
power fist with storn bolter

termintor squad, 5 models
from AoBR so they are vanilla

fast attack

asualt squad, 10 models
powerfist
melta bombs
plasma pistol
flamer

troops

Tactical squad: 10 models
melta bombs
plasma gun
plasma cannon

melta gun
melta bombs
las-cannon

melta bombs
flamer
missle launcer

combat squad
flamer

dedicated transports

Rhino: 2

Heavy support

Preadator
autocannon
heavy bolter sponsons
stormbolter

altogether this army is 1495, i have five points to spare, also i could take the combat squad out for upgrade points. The deanaught and terminators come from AoBR so i have no upgrades for them and don't really want to spend 45 to 50 bucks for a heavy flamer or twin-linked lascannon. I usually play against tyranids so if you could keep that in mind when commenting that would be great!! I only want to spend 100 to 150 more tops.

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

See less See more
#2 ·
HQ: I like cheap librarians. Terminator armour also allows you to move and fire Vortex power because of the relentless rule. Gater of infinity is also one of the best powers to have.

Elites: Terminators are good. Dreadnought is also fine.

Troops: First 3 squads are fine. The last squad has to be 10 strong in the new codex to get a flamer. Drop this unit for scouts or an attack bike with MM or upgrade it to 10 strong.

Transports: Considder razorbacks if you are intending to combat squad often otherwise stick with rhinos.

Fast: You don't need MBs if you have a PF. The palsma pistol is also a bit of an extravagence.

Heavy: I would prefer the vindicator or Ac/2LC pred to add a bit more anti tank ability if you can.

#3 ·
I would agree that the plasma pistol and meltabombs are wasted points in a list of this size. On the Assault squad I would opt for a 2nd flamer over the plasma pistol, especially if facing nids. Templates are your friends. You may want to consider Lascannon sponsons on the Predator, to give you some additional armor punching. Some of the larger synapse critters have hard shells. Dropping the combat squad (it can't have a flamer) and some of the points shaved from plasma pistols and meltabombs would be enough for another cheap HQ choice, maybe a chaplain for the assault squad? fearless and and extra attack is always nice.

Good hunting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.