Logco Expeditionary Force: 750 Points Casual/All Comers List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logco Expeditionary Force: 750 Points Casual/All Comers List

Hey everyone. So this is my first 40k army; I've been trying to convince friends to play with me for years and years and some have finally taken the bait. To begin with, we are all making 750 point armies.

HQ
    HQ Command
    - Junio Officer
    - Bolt Gun
    - Standard Bearer
    = 52

Troops
    Conscript Platoon
    2 squads
    = 80

Guardsmen Platoon
    HQ - Junior Officer
    - Cc Weap, Bolt Pistol
    - Flamer x 4
    = 65

Troops - 2x Guardsmen squad
    - 1x Plasma Rifle
    = 130

Fast Attack

Sentinel Squad
    1 Sentinel w Auto Cannon
    Hunter Killer Missile
    =60

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank

- Heavy Bolter Front
    - Extra Armor
    - Track Guards
    = 160

Leman Russ Demolisher tank

- Las Cannon Front
    - Plasma Cannons
    - Extra Armor
    - Track Guards
    = 200

Total = 747/750

My gaming group is currently made up of a Raider-Spam Dark Eldar List (with 3 ravagers, 1 with dark lances the other two disintigrators), an almost pure melee Blood Angels list and a Necron list which is running the battle force and a lord (though we are trying to convince him to convert the destroyers to heavy destroyers). There might be an Eldar player joining eventually.

The Sentinel I'm planning to use to hunt the Raiders/Ravagers and maybe take pot shots at a Furioso Dread that might or might not shot up. I haven't included side sponsors on the LRBT because I can't imagine finding a time to use them. On the Demo tank, the plasma cannon option seemed phenominal against MEQS while they are out of range of the demolisher.

I plan to put the conscripts in front to absorb the first melee, then hit the attackers with 4 flamer templates. Plasma guns are there for a little extra punch.

At the moment, I can't find the points to upgrade a vet and give him a standard. Is this an absolute necessity with IG? Any criticism at all would be very helpful.

For the emperor!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

First of all, Welcome To Guard

Second of all Welcome To Librarium Online!!

ok onto the list XD

for a 750 game, upgrades are wasting points, I suggest dropping extra armor and track guards on both tanks, and dropping the sentinel entirely(you could get a fire support squad with 3 autocannons insted of the sentinel with the points we save from the upgrades.

get a firesupport squad for the points of the sentinel with 3 autocannons, and put them in an area with good line of sight.

Good Luck Mate!
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Its a good list, but other tanks, like a predator is going to be a problem.
    This Planet Is Murder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys. I might keep the sentinel (already own it, want to try it at least once) but I will for sure be removing the tank upgrades. And my space marine friend announced last night that he is probably building a lascannon predator. Sigh ;P

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

well against anything except a land raider, a russ can deal with it pretty well(str 8, 2d6 pick highest= good odds) and against that random land raider(still fairly unlikely in 750 game) the demolisher can deal with any armor XD the game.
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

+ Reply to Thread