New Player 1500 point friendly list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Player 1500 point friendly list

Evening all, new Marine player here although have played 40k for a few years. So far I've got the Black Reach set plus a couple of tactical squads gathered from the various boxed sets over the years and I'm looking to expand this into a 1500 point army. This is what I've come up with so far.

Captain - Terminator Armour, Pair of Lightning claws

Terminator Squad - 7 men, Assault Cannon

Terminator Assault Squad - 5 men, TH/SS

Dreadnaught - Drop Pod

Scout Squad -
    5 men, ML and 4 Sniper rifles, Camo Cloaks

Tactical Squad - 10 men, ML, Flamer, Drop Pod, Locator Beacon

Tactical Squad - 10 men, ML, Flamer, Drop Pod, Melta Bombs

Assault Squad - 5 men, Pair of Lightning Claws

The idea behind the list is that of a small reacon team (the Scouts) infiltrating an enemy postion and then calling in a lightning assault.

There are a few things in this list which have no tactical reasoning behind them. The terminators are 7 strong for no reason other than I had some points spare and I like terminators and the Melta Bombs are just to spend the remaining points. I also feel I'm a tactical squad short but I don't want to buy 4 drop pods to find that I want to change the theme of the army and I've wasted 80 quid.

I'm also not partically sold on the Assault Squad either other than as a choice which will give me some mobility after I deep strike in.

I'd appreciate any comments or criticisms however there are a few things I'd be reluctant to change. I don't like special characters and I don't want to drop too many of the terminators or stray to far from the overall idea of the army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

more terminators. 10 strong with 2 specials. i prefer cyclones but you may prefer assault cannons.

i would drop the assault squad for this. 5 guys doesn't really add much and they're likely to get shot up pretty quick.

if you have the models, the tactical squads may benefit from multimeltas. they are liukely to be in range when they drop.

+ Reply to Thread