Be mean 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Be mean 1850

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be mean 1850

I am going to a 2 day tournemnt on saturday 01/31- 02/01 . I know that their will be a csm, necron, eldar & 2 deamons lists but there are 20 spots and they always sell this event out. The following is the list i'll be bringing. It has faired well ( I tied a vet player running abadon in an 1850 list in kill points 2.0 with escalation rules).

Hq
    Cannones w/ blessed wpn, bolt pistol, frags, cloak of st aspira, book of St. Luc , jump pack

Elite

Inq w/ bolt pistol & ccw

3 Death Cult Assain

Troops

X2 Vet sup bolter book of st luc, melta/hvy flamer 7 with bolters in rhino extra armour &smoke launchers

vet sup bolter-flamer book of st luc 2 flamers 7 bolters in rhino as above

Armoured fist squad with plasma/missle launcher, shotgun, 7 las rifles in chimera with pintle stubber, heavy bolter, multi-laser extra armour & smoke

Armoured fist squad with plasma/ las cannon pistol & ccw 7 las rifles Chimera same as above

Heavy

Exorcist extra armour pintle storm bolter

Russ with track guard, heavy bolter sponsons, nose las cannon and battle cannon

Fast
    seraphim vet sup evc & book of st luc inferno pistol, Hand flamers 5 seraphim

Three questions

1) what armies will i struggle against ?

2) What armies will I dominate ?

3) any advice or stuff you think I should know.

Last edited by justiceisrelative; January 28th, 2009 at 03:12. Reason: mistake

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I like the cannoness build. it's the version I use most often. she's cheap, and effective.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the Inquisitor and DCA's are. they're not doing a lot for your force, can't hold objectives, and are 4 KP's total. I'd prefer to see a shooty DH Inq. retinue in there. but that will require squeezing some more points out of somewhere... but I think it can be done. you'll get good returns out of it, esp. if you're able to put the plas cannon and psychic hood on the Inq. Lord.

I typically go with Hflamer/flamer combo on my girls in rhinos for maximum Divine Guidance anti-troop action. it helps with hordes, and even marines. I like the Book in each squad. it's cheap, effective wargear.

I'd maybe consider dropping the dual flamer squad to free up points for the Inq. Lord and a 2nd exorcist.

I've also not found a lot of points left over whan I have Armored fists, so I tend to run them with Missile launchers only. My idea is that 10 bodies with a heavy weapon is a lot of bodies to chew through to hit the heavy.
    Chimeras are good. keep 'em cheap, and keep the armored fists in cover. I will spring for the Vet Sarge, to get a LD increase.

The Russ will draw a lot of the Anti-tank fire. again, get him in cover for the 4+ save. I then usually use the 2 exorcists to maneuver and take out juicy targets.

because I tend to let my SoB's in rhinos deal with troops, my Seras are meant to hop around, and deal with tanks. so I run the Evisc. and twin inferno pistols.

I feel that when using the WH armored company, you'll want to be using cover to protect your tanks, and IG, then use the Sisters troops as daggers to strike the enemy where it hurts. I think that's why I specialize my units a little. They have roles. I want them to be good at what they do.

You might struggle vs. Chaos Demon armies, and mobile Eldar shooty armies, with their plethora of Str6 shots.

and an outflanking marine biker army could be bad.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah

sorry it took me awhile to get back to librium but have been really sick.

Anyway went to the tournement finished with 2 wins and 3 losses.

Three losses were to

1) Eldar player with a little bit of everything . this game should have been a tie. but his falcon sans turret contested my objective and my sera did not deviate enough to contest his.

2) a fellow inquistion army that was 2 squads of marines, squad of sisters, 2 squads of greyknights, 2 landraiders, chaplin, squad of sisters in a represor. This game could have gone either way. in the End the dice did not fall my way.

3) patheon demon army. I had no chance in this game. The scenerio was night fight all game long, I chose to form a bunker type approach and my units got in each others way, but in my dfense i never played against them before.

My 2 wins were against

1) necrons I phased them out. It was such a bad game this player quit the tourne,ment

2) Deathwing/Ravenwing DA army. I used my superior numbers to overwhelm his elite force and the goal wa sto hold most objectives.

In each game the death cult assains earned their weight in gold. They alaways outflanked and came in and either ate a scoring unit or ate a fire base. At 40 points 2 wounds, Inv save and 5 power weapon attacks on the charge. You can't beat that especially in a tournement were every one except me and the 2 ork players had low model count armies.

thanks again for your input

+ Reply to Thread