Conscriptx10 Flamer
Conscriptx10 Flamer
Conscriptx10 Flamer

Fast Attack
Sentinel LasCannon

Fast Attack
Sentinel LasCannon

Fast Attack
Sentinel AutoCannon(not a mistake, each one is its own squad)

Hvy Weapons
LasCannon Squad
Missile Launcher Squad
Missile Launcher Squad

Hvy Weapons
Demolisher Heavy Bolter-hull Multi-Melta sponsons

Hvy Weapons
LRBT Heavy Bolter-hull Heavy flamer sponsons

So yeah, you may or may not be able to tell my noobiness from the army design. I'm not sure just how off base I am here with this list so I'll give a brief explanation as to why it is the way it is.

First off, I wasn't sure if a Heroic Superior Officer was worth the points. However, I figured that my HQ squad would need a leader that could take more than one hit, just in case. I'm not quite sure what the advantage is for having support squads in the HQ or elsewhere, so maybe someone could clarify that for me.

As I was looking over the Elites, I thought the ratlings would be able to provide my infantry with support against infantry and heavy infantry, perhaps even light vehicles? Not quite sure how effective rending is against vehicles. However the ability to pin is also nice.

My first thought for infantry was cannon fodder. I thought a full platoon of fire wielding conscripts would be a formidable force to tie up assault infantry or perhaps use to hold objectives.

Next, I wanted infantry which could hold their own at a distance. The reason I packed veteran sergeants with plasma pistols is for the sake of safety in case my guards get forced into melee. I atleast wanna leave a scorch mark on terminator armor :D

The heavy weapons is obviously antitank, however I thought that the missiles provide the ability to deal with infantry or tanks, being able to use krak or frag munitions.

I thought the sentinels make a nice harrying force, able to harass to enemy from the distance and/or the flanks.

I can't really think of a reason to explain away a demolisher or LGBT, other than their all purpose capabilities.

My main idea was to send in the tanks first, right down the middle, with the sentinels on the flanks. The conscripts would be slowly advancing behind the tanks, with the guard and support in tow. Hopefully, by the time they are dead and gone, the armor and support have done a fair amount of damage, and then I would close in with my conscripts to bring the flamers to bear, while keeping my guards and support a safe distance away, able to use their weapons as effectively as possible.
I believe this force is 1500 pts on the dot btw but if you see anything wrong, just holla, and I'll be sure to correct/adjust it.
I hope I didn't make myself sound too foolish :beer:
Thoughts?

PS - Thanks for the advice ahead of time, and please feel free to point out any army construction errors as this is literally the first list I've made.

See less See more
#2 ·
i think you should drop a veteren sargent or two.use the points to get some extras for your officer.Remember plasma can kill the shooter.

#4 ·
1) drop the plasma pistols on the veteran sergeants, its a waste of points

2)pick to either run with veteran sergeants and close order drill, or run a list using your officers leadership bubbles, dont pick both, its a waste of points, meaning either drop the veteran sergeants or turn the officer into a frontline soldier(bunch of melta guns and deepstrike, or flamers and power weapon to assault)

if you keep your veteran sergeants then give them either bolters or bolt pistol and ccw, its much better for the price

3) drop the flamers on the conscripts(or drop the amount down to 2 flamers)because they cost too much

4) get rid of the heavy weapons platoon and use your HQ's support squads, because you will pay for a officer that you only paid for to get the weapons, and the fact that in dawn of war you only set up your HQ and 2 troops(if the hv weapon platoon is part of the HQ then you get them to be able to shoot from turn 1, otherwise they cant shoot until turn 3(dawn of war style battle has other units come on as reserves)

5) dont put multi meltas on the demolisher, the main gun can kill any vehicle in the game, plasma cannons are far better for a demolisher(2 blasts and 3 hv bolter shots when main gun is dead is much better)

6)add special weapons to your command squads or ill have to hurt you!!! give them a bunch of meltaguns and deepstrike em, or grenade launchers to launch some blasts over your lines, or flamers and give the officer a power weapon to deal with hordes.

#5 ·
tyty for the advice... I forgot to put my doctrines on there but close order combat is one of them, along with ratling squads, and conscript platoons, and heavy weapons platoons. I'll take your advice on the heavy weapon squads, and put them into the command platoon. I have a question though... I like the idea of turning the officer into an assault officer, and I was thinking on using the officer that comes with my infantry platoon to essentially join the conscripts once combat starts. If the officer joines the front lines with the conscripts, would it still be a waste to keep the vet sgts with the infantry?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.