blood angels list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

blood angels list

Angels sanguine army list
    Company captain-
    Melta bombs
    Power sword
    Combi melta-gun

Assault squad-
    Veteran sergeant with melta bombs
    Power sword
    Combat shield

Tactical squad-
    veteran sergeant with melta bombs

4 Death Company
    Jump packs

500 pts.

it has een designed mainly as a normal marine army with an emphasis on close combat.

the company captain is there to help with any assault on the enemy and will either accompany the tactical squad in anhiliation or if i get him a jump pack will go with the assault swuad. he is also to assist the assault squad and tactical squad in taking out vehicles

the assault squad will leap from behind terrain across the battlefield then close with the enemy. melta bombs are there to counter any tanks and vehicles that present a threat. they wil be very useful in countering orc trucks.

the tactical squad is there to hold objectives, draw firepower and generally act as the grunts. they will hold the home objective in a capture and control. if anhilation will run until in range. i gave them melta bombs as they may be called to take out tough enemy vehicles.

death company try and get into combat and munch some enemies. also try and draw as much firepower as possible.

possible additions for another 500 points.

scouts with sniper rifles and missile launchers
    more tactical marines
    chaplain with jump pack
    commander dante
    attack bike
    extra assault marines
    terminator captain

thats the list now, what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I like the list. I would use a chaplain since they are cheaper and the chaplians in the BA codex are better than the ones in the Space Marines codex.

Definitely add more assault troops as you get bigger, and put your tactical squad in BA rhino.

For 1000 points I would not use Dante. He is too many points for that low point game. I love using him in conjunction with Corbulo. They are a sick pair! For 1000 use a chaplain, maybe Corbulo too. Try out a baal predator and a devastator squad at 1000 pts. Maybe a multi-melta attack bike too if you have the points!

I love playing my blood angels! That whole red army looks great on the table top and they are very killy!!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

believe me when i say that i carefully examined white dwarf for this list before going out and buying the models. at the moment i have just started on my company captain. i was a bit worried that 5 assault marines was not enough. attack bikes are a must for me. i am going to add a chalain later as a second hq choice to help direct the death company marines as they can be hard to keep in cover. is 4 death company not enough?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkilley2900623 View Post
    believe me when i say that i carefully examined white dwarf for this list before going out and buying the models. at the moment i have just started on my company captain. i was a bit worried that 5 assault marines was not enough. attack bikes are a must for me. i am going to add a chalain later as a second hq choice to help direct the death company marines as they can be hard to keep in cover. is 4 death company not enough?
    At 500 points 4 DC will be enough. You can never have too much DC, but don't go spending points to buy more free ones (in my opinion).

As for assault marines, in 2000 points I run 3 squads of 5. They have a single plasma pistol and I have 2 power fists and one power weapon. I also run an honor guard, DC, a veteran assault squad (sometimes 2). I use one tactical squad in a rhino, and use a 10 dev squad split into 2 combat squads each with 2 heavy weapons (2 LC and 2 PC). I use 2 multi melta attack bikes, and 2 baal predators. As an HQ I usually take Corbulo and Lemartes. Sometimes I take Dante and Corbulo, but that is way too nasty for most friendly games.

1 Honor gaurd, 1 VAS, 3 Assault, 1 Tactical, 1 Dev gives me 7 free death company, which I love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

do i really need to bother with devs cos ive got loadsa assault marines already?

as i said earlier its more of an emphasis on assault nd i hav tried 2 cram as many melta bombs in as possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    At 500 points 4 DC will be enough. You can never have too much DC, but don't go spending points to buy more free ones (in my opinion).
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkilley2900623
    do i really need to bother with devs cos ive got loadsa assault marines already?
    Don't get devastators, they are not as good as tanks in 5th edition. As a Blood Angels player, get a Baal predator instead. The Baal is cheaper and adds a great amount of supporting fire if you use it with Heavy Bolters sponsons.

Furthermore, you definitely need to get Brother Chaplain Lemartes. For any army list bellow 1'500 points, he's a steal. I take him as my only HQ choice for anything bellow 2'000 points.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

thanks for all the advice guys i really appreciate it. as it is now im gonna buy 2 more assault squads, a tank for support, a chaplain probably brother lemartes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Parcival View Post

Don't get devastators, they are not as good as tanks in 5th edition. As a Blood Angels player, get a Baal predator instead. The Baal is cheaper and adds a great amount of supporting fire if you use it with Heavy Bolters sponsons.
    With no devs you will have a hard time dealing with:
    Predators, Leman Russes, Wraith lords, Eldar Avatars, Land Raiders, Hammerheads, Fire Prisms...

Do what you want, but my experience has told me that some heavy weapons are needed and I keep my tactical squads on the move...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

This thread belongs in the army list forum.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

extra 500 pts.
    i have just drawn up the list for the next 500 pts. in my blood angels army.

Devastator squad
    2x Las cannon
    2x Plasma Cannon 235 pts.

Assault squad-
    Veteran sergeant with melta bombs
    Power sword
    Combat shield 170 pts.

2x attack bikes Multi-Meltas 100 pts.

devies will be used to shhot at and generally annoy the enemy armour the assault squad will bolster my attack and the attack bikes will be used to draw fire away from my assaulting troops. and will zoom down the flank and try and take out a tank or two. i am considering using one with a heavy bolter to add some anti-personell fire what does everybody think. i am going to steer clear of tanks in this list as they dont fit with the background of the army and i want to field as much infantry and tanks as possible.

+ Reply to Thread