Help with 1,500 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with 1,500 point list

So I need some help with a list from the 40k members and advice. I am going to a 40k apocalypse tournament, but I don't have enough points so I am going to be placed on a team of some other guy who doesn't have enough points.

So it should look like this, I will run a 1,500 point list and he will run one. This will be my list:
    HQ

Grandmaster HQ Squad
    Grandmaster: daemonhammer, scourging, frag grenades, krak grenades 198 points
    Retinue: 4 terminators 184 points

ELITES

TROOPS

Grey Knight Squad 1
    Justicar with force weapon and storm bolter, 3 models have force weapons and storm bolters, 1 model has a psycannon and force weapon
    Total 175 points

Grey Knight Squad 2
    Justicar with force weapon and storm bolter, 3 models have force weapons and storm bolters, 1 model has an incinerator.
    Total: 165 points

Imperial Guard Squad 1
    9 Guardsmen, 1 Sergeant; 1 Grenade Launcher, 1 Autocannon.
    Total: 83 points

Imperial Guard Squad 2

Imperial Guard Squad 3

Imperial Guard Squad 4

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreagnought: multi melta and close combat weapon. Blessed 130 points

FAST ATTACK

Total: 1,204

My main concern is it has some weaknesses:

1: No tanks, except for perhaps a dreadnought which isn't to good against other tanks. Mainly an infantry attacker.

2: Infantry based: no transports at all, because I don't have any vehicles yet. So they can get shot to pieces, which is why I have several squads, although they aren't very mobile.

3. I have 296 points left to spend, what should I spend it on? I was thinking of getting some heavy weapon teams from the Imperial guard or something more useful. Or I was thinking of getting an inquisitor lord with a highly shooty retinue that would be supported by the terminators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    So it should look like this, I will run a 1,500 point list and he will run one. This will be my list:
    HQ

Grandmaster HQ Squad
    Grandmaster: daemonhammer, scourging, frag grenades, krak grenades 198 points
    Retinue: 4 terminators 184 points
    Dude, NFW is a S6 force weapon that kills even models immune to Instant Death. DON'T drop it! Forget about scourging. The chance of you fight daemons is maybe 1 in 10. Get hammerhand to deal vehicles. You might also want to consider Icon of the Just for more survivability. Terminators can't take any grenades, but consider getting them a psycannon.
    ELITES

TROOPS

Grey Knight Squad 1
    Justicar with force weapon and storm bolter, 3 models have force weapons and storm bolters, 1 model has a psycannon and force weapon
    Total 175 points
    If you take psycannon/incinerator, you have to drop BOTH stormbolter & NFW. I like my GK's just plain vanilla. Maybe throw in a targeter and meltabomb for justicar only.
    Grey Knight Squad 2
    Justicar with force weapon and storm bolter, 3 models have force weapons and storm bolters, 1 model has an incinerator.
    Total: 165 points
    See above.
    Imperial Guard Squad 1
    As it is right now, your guards are illegal. You need Infantry Platoon officer+retinue.
    Imperial Guard Squad 2
    Instead of autocannon, I'd go missile launcher. It can go both anti-tank/monstrous creature (krak) or anti-troop (frag).
    Imperial Guard Squad 3

Imperial Guard Squad 4

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreagnought: multi melta and close combat weapon. Blessed 130 points
    You're right. You need major anti-tank. Your dread is gonna get shot to heck trying to get within melta range. Get Twin-linked Lascannon + Missile Launcer. Drop the blessed. Unless your gaming friend constantly plays chaos, otherwise they're only about 1 in 10 armies.
    FAST ATTACK

Total: 1,204

My main concern is it has some weaknesses:

1: No tanks, except for perhaps a dreadnought which isn't to good against other tanks. Mainly an infantry attacker.

2: Infantry based: no transports at all, because I don't have any vehicles yet. So they can get shot to pieces, which is why I have several squads, although they aren't very mobile.

3. I have 296 points left to spend, what should I spend it on? I was thinking of getting some heavy weapon teams from the Imperial guard or something more useful. Or I was thinking of getting an inquisitor lord with a highly shooty retinue that would be supported by the terminators.
    You need to invest in or borrow someone's rhinos and maybe a landraider. In friendly games, most people don't mind if you proxy, so you can use your existing PC dread as TLLC/ML dread. Also I much prefer inquisitorial stormtroopers over inducted IG's, unless you're playing higher point games where you can get a leman russ. With the left over points, consider getting another dread for anti-tank if you can't get vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I have to agree with every comment that jy2 made, but inducted guard can work.
    Follow this advise and see how you go.

It would also pay to talk with your partner and see if you can fill any holes that he has in his army list.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread