Iron Hands list - Comment/Criticize - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Iron Hands list - Comment/Criticize

I have started gathering Iron Hands after the new release of the Codex and after all the changes and the lack of love shown to them!

I have until now:

1 10-man Tactical Squad - All bolters. Sgt with PW and BP.
    1 5-man Tactical Squad - All bolters. Sgt with PW and BP.
    1 5-man Vanguard Squad - BP and CCW. Sgt with PW and BP.
    1 Dreadnought with AC and DCCW - bolter
    1 Dreadnought (that can take any equipment)
    1 Vindicator
    1 Master of the Forge

I am thinking of adding a Whirlwind. Then go to the Fast Attack options. The idea behind it is simple. Let them come and receive the shells from the bolters.

What do you think? I think I can make a 5-men Devastator squad with various weapons as another Heavy Option.

Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a reason you went only bolters in the tacticals? A maxed out tactical has several special/heavy options that are free so theres no reason not to take them. Also, these are your only scoring units and they aren't going to be that effective running across the table to capture something. Maybe add rhinos?

The vanguards are an interesting choice too. They only have one power weapon when they should have more. Their real power comes from the amount of power/special weapons they can carry. Do they have jump packs? If they do, they are the same points as a squad of 8 assault marines equipped the same way, only the assault marines have more attacks and better survivability overall due to numbers. The intervention abilibity is the only advantage.

I'd fill out the tacticals to 10 each, get some sort of transport for them, and add some weapon upgrades before moving on to other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

Now that's my mistake... I said Vanguard who are the one with the Jump Packs. I was meaning Sternguard the ones with the combi bolters. On a later stage though they can be used as a Tactical and another Sternguard added to the list.

The reason for not maxing out the Tacticals is the flexibility. I am thinking of giving the 5-men squads Razorbacks and the 10-men squads Rhinos. Razors are more useful than Rhinos in my opinion as they can shoot along the way...

I am thinking of adding special weapons to the 10-men squad and in any squad maxed out... mostly meltas and heavy bolters though. I have very nasty thoughts of past usage of Missile Launchers and Plasma guns...

Thanks for the input and keep it coming...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point having bolt pistols with fists any more as you don't get the extra attack, may as well have the bolter in stead or even better combi weapon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

182 (x5)

I had never thought of that... I have read the Codex but it was only my first attempt in a list with it...

+ Reply to Thread