1000 Point Created Chapter, Would Love Feedback... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Created Chapter, Would Love Feedback...

Hello everyone.

I am returning to 40K after being away for a few years. I played Nids during Third Edition, utilizing an all-deep strike Mycetic Spores army that did pretty well. My friends kept playing all the way into 5th Edition, and to suck me back in, they bought me a Ravenwing Battleforce at a heavy discount. What could I do? I couldn't say no...

So I promised I would get together 1000 points and see how it went. Although I've never played Marines before, I like the idea of creating my own chapter, filing in your own backstory, etc. Of all the established Chapters, I think the idea of the White Scars chapter plays well to the idea of an elite, fast, hard hitting group.

Below is my 1000 point SM list utilizing the models I already had (6 Bikes, 1 Attack Bike, and a Landspeeder). Wanted to get some input on here to see if you all had comments on the rest of the list before I invested.

Glad to be part of the community now...onto the list!

HQ

Captain w/ Space Marine Bike and Power Sword

Total Pts 150

I like this guy more than Khan (especially at only a 1000 Points). He isn't super tough, or super killy, but he is relatively low point cost (for Marines), he allows my Bike Squad to count as a scoring unit, and he provides some badly needed counter-assault to a pretty shooty list.

I figure the best tactics will be to ride him with the Bike Squad until either my ground-pounding tactical squad needs help in the back lines or my advancing rhinos need assault support. Then he can boost over and help out with his good amount of attacks.

Quick question on this one...I think I remember in 3rd edition yuo couldn't use two weapons on a bike. I have not seen any rule like that in 5th edition, so he would get another attack for the sword and pistol?

Troops

10 Marines w/ Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Sgt w/ Combi-Melta, Rhino

Total Pts 220

10 Marines w/ Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Sgt w/ Combi-Melta, Rhino

Total Pts 220

The meat and potatoes of my force. I think the Combat Squad rule for the SM is just too cool, and here is a great place I think (potentially) it can be used. The rhinos each pack five men in, with the meltaguns and the sgts. The other two five man contigents w/ the MLs huddle together at an objective close to my deployment zone and provide cover fire.

I chose Missile Launchers because of the improved rules for blasts and because I like versatility in my weapons. Plus, its free. Can't beat that.

I hope to get the advancing Rhinos with Meltaguns to take out any big vehicles/small elite squads that bull forward. I know that probably means they are going to get torn up afterwards, but I know SM are tough.

5 Space Marine Bikes with an Attack Bike, 2 Plasma Guns, Sgt w/ Combi-Plasma, Multi-Melta on the Attack Bike

Total Pts 230

I really like this squad. Relentless means those PL Guns will be absolutly deadly at 12', and the bikes mean they should get there relatively unscathed. I figure the first two rounds they can hang back, using cover and avoiding fire lanes, while firing pot shots at 24' range. The last few turns they can hit the main enemy squad hard, and move towards any objectives across the board at the very end.

Fast Attack

Land Speeder w/ Multi-Melta

Total Pts 60

You might as well call this the "USS Kamikaze". The plan is simple, deep strike into a position near the most heavily armoured vehicles, trying to avoid fire lanes and make sure to land within 12'. Hope you hit and turn the vehicle to slag, and then watch the Speeder get nuked.

Heavy Support

Predator w/ Autocannon

Total Pts 60

Predator w/ Autocannon

Total Pts 60

I LOVE these things. If somebody told you could get a vehicle with a 13 front armour, large profile, and a weapon perfect for cracking transports that can fire even if the vehicle moves, all for 60 points, wouldn't you be impressed? I play to use these things as mobile cover for my advancing rhinos, with a target priority of removing mobility from the enemy (transports, bike squads, etc). If I lose them, its not huge, they still serve as great cover.

Total Pts 1000

So there it is, all input is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the list, mechanized and quite hard hitting at the points level. I do wish the Preds had Heavy Bolters though, for those times when you aren't advancing or when you need the anti-infantry power. They are a bargain indeed.

One thing I would suggest is to maybe get a flamer or two in your Tacs. You have plenty of anti-tank, and you can swap the cost of the Meltagun for Meltabombs for your Sgt. The Flamer will let you burn through those all-too-present cover saves in the game and add flexiblity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you could spare the points you could get 2 razorbacks instead of rhinos ths way your army has mobile twin-linked heavy bolters but you would always have to leave half of the squad behind. i like your list haha kamikaze landspeeder oh you should paint it with kamikaze symbols on it that would be awesome and hilarious

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Have you got enough bikes for a 2nd Bike Squad? I'd drop 1 Tactical Squad for a 2nd Bike Squad, you might as well make the most of your bikers counting as Troops (which also applies for FoC use, so you don't actually need a single tactical squad if you wanted 3 lots of bikers instead!)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are only going to take one bike squad that meets the requirements for Mounted Assualt you may as well drop the mounted Captain. But, if you want to keep him I'd trade a Tact. Squad and Rhino in for a Sternguard Squad with Rhino or drop pod. Those little elites can TEAR up anything.
    "It will go wrong, expect it too, then expect it to get even worst."

Because a +3 save is harder to make then you would think.

+ Reply to Thread