750 pt Vannilla/Salamanders list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

750 pt Vannilla/Salamanders list

Ok, so I am finally getting back into 40k and have decided to start up a salamanders list. Obviously however at low points I can't quite fit in He'stan so as of now its a vanilla list that is going to be following salamander fluff.

It's pretty basic but I just wanted to see what people thought.

Librarian
    Epistolary
    Smite
    Gate of Infinity

10 Tactical Marines
    Flamer
    Multimelta
    Power Fist
    -Rhino

10 Tactical Marines
    Flamer
    Multimelta
    Power Fist
    -Rhino

5 Sternguard
    3 Combi-meltas

---------------------------------------------------------

Well this list comes out to 750 points exactly. The librarian will be gating around with the sternguard. I am not sure on using sternguard at such low points, but I thought they really fit in with salamanders fluff (preferring the short range firefight where their meltas/flamers/bolters are most effective).

Also, I'm not really sure why I spelled vanilla with two n's in the thread title....

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Having also recently started Marines I have to say your 750pt list looks better than mine. My one thought would be drop a Powerfist and a Melta and take the Missile Launcher and a Razorback and Combat Squad for a little bit more long range AT and FirePower with the Razor. Hmm maybe that isn't a good idea actually but I leave it for you to decide. Also some people like The Avenger over Smite but I've never run a Librarian so that's just say-so.

cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Normally I would opt to go for some more longer range firepower, however pretty soon He'stan will be leading my force and I want to make full use of flamer and melta weapons getting twin linked.

The Salamanders are a codex chapter so of course would use longer range firepower if necessary, but I want to try playing to their preferences first to make for a list that is as fluffy as possible.

My future plan (1k) is to have vulkan leading a unit of Sterngaurd in a drop pod, a dreadnaught or two with MM/HF that are also podding. Then at 1.5k I want to do something that probably wont work out too well, but I want to add in a unit of assault termies with a landraider and have He'stan leading them.
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; February 11th, 2009 at 17:31.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread