building on my crimson fist army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

building on my crimson fist army

I'm going to build on my 500 pts. crimson fists army, but i'm not sure what to put in it. I want to build it up to 100 pts.
    Anyway, this is my current army:

Space marine captain with power sword and artificer's armour. 130 pts.

10 man tactical squad with heavy bolter and flamer. Sergeant has a power fist. 195 pts.

10 man tactical squad with missile launcher and flamer. Sergeant has melta bombs. 175 pts.

Ive been thinking of changing my captain for Kantor, and add a sternguard squad, aswell as a predator or a devastator squad (or both).
    Im pretty new to 40k, so i'm not very experienced with making armies.
    What do u people think i should put in my army? I'm pretty much going to be fighting orks, tyranids and tau.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'd go with a predator destructor (twin linked autocannon 2 heavy bolters) to shoot your enemies till they stop moving. This works especially well against non powered armoured armies like tau, orks, and tyranids.

Also a squad of scout bikes could really benefit your army. All of your enemes will need 6's to wound them in combat, and with their twin bolters you could really throw down some mobile hurt. A power fist sarg to drive in from the side of the board could be really helpful with hitting a vehicle or character that could become a problem.

sternguard could be useful for taking down any of your enemies.
    Dragon =fire shots it orks and nids in cover, hellfire rounds could put some hurt on any tyranid monsterous creatures you end up fighting. Kraken bolts are a perfect way to stop the tau from twitching, and vengance rounds could hit any battlesuits or stealthsuits.

Pedro kantor would be a perect addition to any crimson fist army, not only is he rock hard but he'll keep you in the fight against nids, and orks, and stop you from runnin at the sight of some tau fire because of chapter tactics. He'd really help with your anti ork/nid counter attack with his inspiring presence. Then there's hold the line which would help you if you decide to take sternguard.

A thunderfire cannon could do wonders against orks and tyranids, but you will have to watch out against the tau's firepower. Nothing kills artilery like pulse rifles.

Hope that helps.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot! I'll use some of your ideas and come up with a new army list soon.
    Last edited by Capt. Cortez; February 16th, 2009 at 22:47.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

As a fellow Crimson fist player I would have to say a few things. First Kantor is a legend and sternguard are a must when playign against any of the armies you have mentioned.

Kraken shells have AP4 perfect for taking out TAU, while Hellfire rounds means even basic sternguard have a fair chance of bringing down Carnifex's.

Personally I would go for 10 sternguard with two lascannon's. This means they can pretty much deal with any major threat.

The great thing about Kantor of course is that this unit will be a scoring unit so you can sit them on any objectives in your own deployment zone while the rest of your army advances to stomp some ork.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this list?

HQ: Pedro Kantor

Elites: 10 x Sternguard veterans with 2 lascannons. Drop pod with deathwind missile launcher.

Troops: 10 x tact. marines with flamer and heavy bolter. Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolter.
    10 x scouts including a heavy bolter with hellfire shells.

Heavy support: Predator with twin-linked lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I would ditch the drop pod for the sternguard.

Yopu have paid 70pts for the Lascannons

A drop pod means you won't get to use them for at least 1 turn as the sternguard count as moving. More than this sternguard will get duffed in by a dedicated assault unit so you should keep them out of harms way.

Maybe go for a rhino if you want mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this list?

HQ: Pedro Kantor

Elites: 10 x Sternguard veterans with 2 lascannons and a combi plasma. Rhino with extra armour.

Troops: 10 x tact. marines with flamer and heavy bolter. Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolter.
    10 x scouts including a heavy bolter with hellfire shells.

Heavy support: Predator with twin-linked lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons

I took ur advice and ditched the drop pod. I bought them a rhino and a combi plasma instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Looks like quite a nasty list right there. Play a few games with it and see how it fares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can not stand to see heavy weapons in a sterngaurd unit...combi weapons yes, these guys should always be moving and shooting and be protected from shooting thanks to a rhino. You disembarge, shoot rapid if necessary and the rhino cuts off the enemies visions if appropriately placed.

Sterngaurd are too expensive otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread