1000 point guard army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point guard army

This is my 1000 point army that I plan to use on friday in my leauge.I will be against either an Eldar army or a SM army.Both of these armies have beaten me in the past so I really want to win.

HQ
    Command squad senior officer with carapace and a power weapon.2 guardsmen 1 with a plasma gun and 1 with a grenade launcher.2 veterns 1with medic,1 with standard.115

ELITES
    [10 stormtroopers including 1grenade launcher,1flamer and a veteren sargent with a power weapon:145

Troops

platoon 123
    command:Junior officer with power fist and carapace.4 guardsmen 1 with melta gun with flamer.61

Squad 1
    10 guardmen 1 with flamer and close combat sargent.66

Squad 2

squad 3
    10 guardmen 1 with grenade launcher, 2 with lascannon and close combat sargent.93[/FONT]

squad 4
    [SIZE="2"]10 guardmen 1 with grenade launcher and close combat sargent.68
    Armoured Platoon
    10 guardmen 1 with flamer and close combat sargent.66[/FONT]

Chimera with a turret multi laser and a hull heavy flamer.upgrades track guards,rough terrain modafacaton and a heavy stubber.110

FAST ATTACK
    1 sentinal with heavy flamer.40

HQ
    LRBT lascannon , sponson hv bolters ,extra armour.170
    I think the total is near 1000 points.

Last edited by guardman; February 18th, 2009 at 13:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

clean up your post, its confusing because there is no spaces and its bold
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

For your HQ command squad try to lighten up on points a bit. I run HSO power wep bolt pistol 1 vet standard laspistol/ccw, 3 guardsmen laspistols/ ccw's, when close order drilled they give a LD10 bubble with a re-roll. This squad only costs 82 points so i'd recomend you do something similar.

With the stormies take the grenadiers doctrine, they aren't infiltrating or deep striking so there isn't any reason for them to not score, this means you won't need the second troops choice, add the infantry squad to your platoon and give the stormies the chimera. You might want to take advantage of their higher BS and take meltaguns for anti tank power.

The weapons on your platoon HQ squad are a bit odd. With the Imperial Guard it's best to take all of the same type of weapons for a squad (anti tank, ani infantry, close combat...) so i'd advise you to choose just one thing for them to do. The power fist is overpriced, some guard commanders swear by them but most of us agree it's a waste of points. you should take 2 of 1 kind of special weapon or 1 heavy weapon for your platoon HQ squads IMO. Also this squad should cost 81pts not 61. Remember these squads work well with drop troops, 2-3 and take 2-3 special weapons if you plan to use them this way.

The Infantry Squads should have some other weapons, personally I prefer grenade launchers in my line squads but that's just me. Give at least two of the squads heavy weapons and either grenade launchers or meltaguns to hold your home objectives (you'll have five infantry squads if you took my earlier advice with the stormies.

The chimera has some extra upgrades, it should cost less. What it should have is: A multilaser, a heavy bolter/flamer, smoke launchers, extra armour, and maybe a heavy stubber or stormbolter.

The sentinel is good, outflanking or using droptroops to deep strike and use that heavy flamer. It's real value however is it's ability as a walker to tie up units with a strength of 3 or lower as they can't hurt it. Those firewarriors shoot a lot less when they're in combat with that huge walker, and the tyranids are a lot slower too.

The Leman Russ is good, very standard for us and works as a great fire magnetat 1000 points. Park it in plain view but in some cover that the battle cannon can fire over without giving the enemy cover.

Not too many things wrong with your list. You may want to amp up your AT fire and add some extra heavy weapons in your list. Also what are the layouts of the marine and eldar lists? You'd get better feedback if we knew what you were up against.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there are a few changes that you could do:

Unless I'm mistaken, you are only at 907 pts. You can keep the AF squad and chimera, and add in another chimera for your Storm Trooper's with a Multi-laser and hull flamer/HB for 85 points. Then, drop the C/armor on the JO, and the melta in the command squad. Then, drop the PFist from the officer. Add some heavy weapons and with each squad that you add a heavy weapon, drop the special weapon.

-GT
    On Warseer: Iracundus: "So you might end up with "renegade" Chapters, but more split due to ideology rather than because the big bogeyman of Chaos suddenly makes them all cackling mustache twirling villains."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As IT turned out I had 80 points left so I plan to add a missile launcher team to my HQ. And now I will give the chimera to the stormies and make them grendiers.I will drop the power fist for a powe rweapon.I will also switch 1 squads flamer for a grenade launcher. This makes my list look like this:
    HQ
    Command squad senior officer with carapace and a power weapon.2 guardsmen 1 with a plasma gun and 1 with a grenade launcher.2 veterns 1with medic,1 with standard.115

Anti tank with missile launchers.80

Troops

platoon 123
    command:Junior officer with power weapon and carapace.4 guardsmen 2 with melta guns.70
    Squad 1

Squad 2

squad 3
    10 guardmen 1 with grenade launcher, 2 with lascannon and close combat sargent.93[/font]

squad 4
    10 guardmen 1 with grenade launcher and close combat sargent.68

Squad 5
    10 guardmen 1 with grenade launcher and close combat sargent.66

Grenadiers
    10 stormtroopers including 1grenade launcher,1flamer and a veteren sargent with a power weapon:145+grendiers
    +
    Chimera with a turret multi laser and a hull heavy flamer.upgrades track guards,rough terrain modafacaton and a heavy stubber.110

FAST ATTACK
    1 sentinal with heavy flamer.40

HQ
    LRBT lascannon , sponson hv bolters ,extra armour.170

Tis leaves me with 9 points left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

LRBT is not HQ

It may just be a typo, but i thought id tell you any way

anti tank w/missile launchers should be 95 points

I always take as many grenade launchers as possible against SMurfs, they were designed to kill them, AP 3 for only 8 pts is good value, but i have a melta and plasma in my HQ, for taking down termies

Good list though, plenty of troops!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I recently lost my codex so I am working off memory(and a few pages I copied at my local store).So for the extra 6 points i need I will scrap the HQs grenade launcher.Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread